diy solar

diy solar

Need help adding EG4-LL-S with EG4-LL v1

drfort

I sent a request to SS about 10 days ago with no response ( and spent hours on hold) and I have reading several articles but do not have a clear understanding of how to add 2 EG4-LL-S batteries to my existing EG4-LL V1 batteries.

I have seen feedback to a) sever pin 6 if using LP4, does this apply to EG4-LL V1 as well? b) I have seen reference to updating the EG4-LL V1 firmware but I have not found V1 firmware on SS or EG4 websites.

I did try to add the EG4-LL-S but as soon as I connect the battery comm cable between the EG4-LL-S and EG4-LL V1, the EG4-LL-S has a fault light AND the breaker is tripped.

Any help would be appreciated.

I sent a request to SS about 10 days ago with no response ( and spent hours on hold) and I have reading several articles but do not have a clear understanding of how to add 2 EG4-LL-S batteries to my existing EG4-LL V1 batteries.

I have seen feedback to a) sever pin 6 if using LP4, does this apply to EG4-LL V1 as well? b) I have seen reference to updating the EG4-LL V1 firmware but I have not found V1 firmware on SS or EG4 websites.

I did try to add the EG4-LL-S but as soon as I connect the battery comm cable between the EG4-LL-S and EG4-LL V1, the EG4-LL-S has a fault light AND the breaker is tripped.

Hi @drfort I am so sorry you haven't had a response! I'd like to see what happened here, we have been working diligently to ensure this is not the case anymore.
You will just need to apply the firmware to the batteries, I have attached the links below! If you'd like to reach out to me at engagemennt@signaturesolar.com with your email address, I would really like to find your email and ensure there are no communication issues that we need to address. If you have any issues getting the batteries updated or connected, there are 0 calls in the queue for tech support right now, it would be a great time to call for support!

Thank you @sunshine_eggo

For proper functionality, it is necessary to upgrade the EG4-LL S' with the multipack firmware to establish communication with the EG4-LL V1, which can be downloaded from the following link: https://eg4electronics.com/categories/batteries/eg4-ll-s-48v-100ah-lithium-iron-phosphate-battery or by using the Multipack Firmware sent in the post by @SignatureSolarJess

Alternatively, you can create a custom communication cable between the second LL-S and the EG4-LL V1, utilizing only pins 3, 7, and 8. This method allows communication without requiring a firmware update.

For proper functionality, it is necessary to upgrade the EG4-LL S' with the multipack firmware to establish communication with the EG4-LL V1, which can be downloaded from the following link: https://eg4electronics.com/categories/batteries/eg4-ll-s-48v-100ah-lithium-iron-phosphate-battery or by using the Multipack Firmware sent in the post by @SignatureSolarJess

Alternatively, you can create a custom communication cable between the second LL-S and the EG4-LL V1, utilizing only pins 3, 7, and 8. This method allows communication without requiring a firmware update.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I just ran into this exact problem today when I tried to add a new EG4-LL-S battery to my existing battery stack that included EG4-LL version 1 batteries. I didn't use the software that was pointed out here, but instead just made my own cable with pin 6 removed. I already had the crimper, ethernet cable, and connector ends, so that was much easier for me rather than attempting to update the EG4-LL-S firmware. It worked great and now I'm up and running again. This forum is awesome!

Back