diy solar

diy solar

EG4-3K with Lifepower4 battery is SOC available on inverter screen? Wi-Fi dongle?

Jmhai3

I have setup a cart system with the EG4-3K and one 48v lifepower4 battery for now.
My question is should the AIO screen be showing SOC/battery percentage or is this only available if used with an EG4-LL battery?

I been thru all the screens and none show SOC and available battery percentage left till drained.

Was not able to get the Wi-Fi dongle to work either but see this talked about everywhere and seems solar assist is good.
Is there another choice that is cheaper or free that will allow remote access?

I found same issue when helping a friend on his 6500EX's, the local screen only shows a battery bar, no percentage. So on my system (which is LV6548s), I instead decided to just add a BMV-712, same like my RV system since I love Victron Connect. I may toy with Solar Assistant later on (I did buy a license and built an RPi to play with it), but for me I love just having an added shunt, and with Victron, can also use it with Cerbo GX or Venus OS on an RPi, and use VRM for cloud use if desired.

I found same issue when helping a friend on his 6500EX's, the local screen only shows a battery bar, no percentage. So on my system (which is LV6548s), I instead decided to just add a BMV-712, same like my RV system since I love Victron Connect. I may toy with Solar Assistant later on (I did buy a license and built an RPi to play with it), but for me I love just having an added shunt, and with Victron, can also use it with Cerbo GX or Venus OS on an RPi, and use VRM for cloud use if desired.
Solar Assist does seem to be a good product. It is limited to the pi so would not be able to monitor more than one system if not connected.

Back