diy solar

diy solar

Why Isn't There a Setting on the EG4 18Kpv to NOT Discharge the Batteries When Grid is up?

I think this is achievable. Can you send me your station name and S/N via DM? I can take a look at your settings and see what we need to do to get this working how you want it to.
I applaud the support provided, but can you provide feedback in the forum on the specific settings used? I see similar replies to those trying to configure the 18kPV for their specific use. It may help others with the same goals without needing to reach out to EG4. Maybe a sticky with common use cases and the appropriate settings?

Also, commonality in the web monitor, app, and inverter screens for setting names and settings available to change would be great.

There are some significant upgrades coming for the user interface and data available.
EG4 are working on some seriously cool features that could make Solar Assistant redundant for the 18k and 6000XP

I applaud the support provided, but can you provide feedback in the forum on the specific settings used? I see similar replies to those trying to configure the 18kPV for their specific use. It may help others with the same goals without needing to reach out to EG4. Maybe a sticky with common use cases and the appropriate settings?
I set his batteries up in a manner that would keep them at 90%. On grid cut off SOC%. We are working on getting the setting fixed to keep it at 100% right now. Once it is finished, I will post about it here in the forum.
Also, commonality in the web monitor, app, and inverter screens for setting names and settings available to change would be great.
There are some settings that we just can't put on the app. We don't want anyone to accidentally change the output Hz to 50Hz and ruin everything in their home because the screen unlocked in their pocket. As far as setting names and such, have you updated the display firmware? That should fix a lot of discrepancies between settings and names.

Back