diy solar

diy solar

EG4 vs Maple Leaf (Luxpower)

LoganSovereign

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone knows the difference between the EG4 Lux Power inverters and the Maple Leaf Lux Power inverters? I was really hoping I could get an EG4 with 10kw AC output but I only see the 12kpv (8kw output) and the 18kpv (12kw output) the reason I want 10kw is that is the max my power supplier will allow me have for net metering. Just trying to get right to that 10kw, I see Maple Leaf has a 10kw but I don’t know if it would be unreliable? What does EG4 do different than other brands using the Lux Power inverters? Can I trust this Maple Leaf brand? https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...0k_Hybrid_Inverter_Datasheet.pdf?v=1715363016

The 18Kpv can be set to not export more than some amount, so you could set it to 10KW maximum export, and still have 12/18KW available internally.

It can even be 'locked' to that setting, so you can't change it, and EG4 will certify to the power company that it's never going to export more than <whatever>

The 18Kpv can be set to not export more than some amount, so you could set it to 10KW maximum export, and still have 12/18KW available internally.

It can even be 'locked' to that setting, so you can't change it, and EG4 will certify to the power company that it's never going to export more than <whatever>
Would love to do this but power company goes by nameplate for maximum export. Maybe I will bring it up to them though and see if they’ll allow it if I can get EG4 to vouch for this.

Yeah the power company need to understand that you might have bought a Ford GT40 that will do 190 mph but that doesn't mean you drive it at 190 miles an hour 24/7.
The EG4 18k PV can be set, locked and certified to an output.

diy solar

diy solar
Back