diy solar

diy solar

Electric tracked ATV

AlaskanNoob

Solar Enthusiast
Anybody got one? I've seen some electric ATVs that have been put on the market, but I'm not sure any can handle tracks and we need tracks where we're at.

Argo (which is our daily driver) has an electric model but it's super expensive and unfortunately they didn't use individual motors on each wheel, so it still drives chains that turn the wheels which I think is a real miss. Those chains have to be lubed every ten hours or anytime they get wet which is a pain.

Was looking forward to the Ambition Strikes YT folks modifying an Argo they bought to be electric, but before they started any mods they decided to sell it instead.

This Polaris would fit the bill if only there were tracks for it. Polaris doesn't sell tracks for this model though. I'm researching third party track makers to see if they have some options. Not as good as an Argo, but good enough.

I have had good luck with Mattracks. Had a set on a kubota RTV, but they are hard on the front end. As far as an electric vehicle, I am not sure it would be a good thing. Tracks take considerably more HP then wheels and you will loose range.

I have had good luck with Mattracks. Had a set on a kubota RTV, but they are hard on the front end. As far as an electric vehicle, I am not sure it would be a good thing. Tracks take considerably more HP then wheels and you will loose range.

I'm sure you're right about the range decreasing. The cheaper version of the Polaris Kinetic with the smaller battery advertises a 40NM range per charge. We only need about 2 miles of range in between charges to make it worth it for us. Anybody's guess how tracks would affect the range though. I would imagine tracks wouldn't take it down to 2 miles though.

I'm sure you're right about the range decreasing. The cheaper version of the Polaris Kinetic with the smaller battery advertises a 40NM range per charge. We only need about 2 miles of range in between charges to make it worth it for us. Anybody's guess how tracks would affect the range though. I would imagine tracks wouldn't take it down to 2 miles though.
It is about 30% decrease in range from my experience so 2 miles shouldn't be a problem. That is through mud and muskeg though, I can see virgin snow sucking back the range even more. Once the path is broke I would say you would be at the 20% decrease.

That would work great. If only they had tracks for that Polaris Ranger Kinetic, which so far I haven't located. Maybe some companies will get back to me after the weekend with some good news.

That would work great. If only they had tracks for that Polaris Ranger Kinetic, which so far I haven't located. Maybe some companies will get back to me after the weekend with some good news.

Is there anything special about it's suspension/hubs compared to a regular ranger?

What kind of power draw do they have in Alaska temps keeping the batteries warm?

And you have $40,000.00 to spend on vehicle and tracks?

Is there anything special about it's suspension/hubs compared to a regular ranger?

What kind of power draw do they have in Alaska temps keeping the batteries warm?

And you have $40,000.00 to spend on vehicle and tracks?

No idea on the first two questions.

As to the third, I'm planning on starting an OnlyFans to fund the ATV. People will give cash hand over fist to watch a middle aged guy groom real Alaskan squirrels.

I would want to carry a small generator in back. To avoid being stranded.

A hybrid UTV would be great, but just being able to charge could potentially be a lifesaver.

Mattracks does sell tracks that will fit the Polaris Ranger Kinetic. $12,900 for their M3-UR PLUS is what we were quoted, without shipping.

Back