diy solar

diy solar

Emergency home power box

Joseph sapia sr

Good morning everyone. So I built this 1660 Pelican case set up, using 200 amp hour renogy hybrid gel battery with 20 amp Rover Elite mppt controller. 1500 3000 Peak Cobra inverter, well I'm thrilled to say I just bought my first hundred amp hour battleborn battery question is should I pull out the two hundred amp hour renogy battery replace it with the battleborn hundred amp hr? And I know my solar controller has the setting for this battery chemistry, wondering if this 20 amp controller will be suited for this battery and if my NOCO genius 10 amp charger is good to charge this battery as it's built into the box? Thank you all so much. Will try to post a link to what I built maybe you will have a better understanding a picture is worth a thousand words. Thank you for any information..

Attachments

• 20200916_082018.jpg
    20200916_082018.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20200916_082031.jpg
    20200916_082031.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Cool power box.
The Rover Elite 20A should work fine for a single 100Ah BB as long as you use the LFP charge profile.
Make sure to switch the Noco Genius 10 to Lithium mode for the BB.

question is should I pull out the two hundred amp hour renogy battery replace it with the battleborn hundred amp hr?
That's up to you and it depends on your situation/motivation. Is the gel battery not performing well? Getting to the end of its service life? Too heavy?Taking too long to charge?
The BB will bring the weight down a lot, charge to full faster, have many more cycles if you don't abuse it etc.

Cool power box.
The Rover Elite 20A should work fine for a single 100Ah BB as long as you use the LFP charge profile.
Make sure to switch the Noco Genius 10 to Lithium mode for the BB.

That's up to you and it depends on your situation/motivation. Is the gel battery not performing well? Getting to the end of its service life? Too heavy?Taking too long to charge?
The BB will bring the weight down a lot, charge to full faster, have many more cycles if you don't abuse it etc.
Thank you for the advice. It is a brand new renogy battery 3 months old working great, maybe I should just used to BB for a new-build on a smaller portable scale.

Back