diy solar

diy solar

Enhancing external battery capacity for generators that have dedicated external batteries using non-standard batteries

Graywolf

Forgive my ignorance on this subject. I just got my first solar generator today (pecron e2000lfp) and have never used solar before. Also, it's my first post.

I've been looking at several similar generators that provide external batteries that they can both charge and be charged by, unlike just hooking up an external battery to either the input or output.

For simplicity, let's assume the generator by a company is 100Ah internally and 24v. The external battery would also be nominally 24v and can be charged or discharged in the same connection, and would add an additional 100Ah for a total of 200Ah of 24v.

What I was wondering is if in the capabilities of the software of the generator, would it treat that external battery differently if it had more watthours available from the battery if you connected additional batteries of the same voltage as the external battery in parallel with the internal battery.

So for instance, you have a generator that has an internal 100Ah 24v battery. It allows for the expansion of an additional 100Ah 24v battery, for a total of 200Ah. If you then attached a third 100Ah battery with the same voltage as the external battery in parallel with that external battery, would the generator see that parallel bank of the external and additional batteries as just a beefy allowable external battery and not know that another battery exists, and as such, has now 300Ah of 24v available? I.e., would it now see just one 200Ah external battery at 24v nominal?

diy solar

diy solar
Back