diy solar

diy solar

Enphase battery

twillist

I came across this forum while researching my conundrum and plan on being an active member. I just installed 26 panels/ microinverters and have the all coming into an Enphase combiner box in 2 branches. When I told my wife that they wouldn't work as is when the power is out she gave me the go ahead to purchase a smart switch and battery. Since everything else was Enphase I went with that for both. I saw that some courses were required to install the battery but thought no big deal, I can do that. Spent quite a few hours with the online stuff and now it's looking like I may have to do an in person class? Anyone have any experience with this? Or who can help me 'commission' the battery? I have it all hooked up hardware-wise
Thanks

If you have bought the equipment already try to hire a local installer to commission it. If you haven't... you might consider saving some money and going with alternatives that are more DIY friendly. At least a couple users on the site have successfully AC coupled Enphase with Schneider XW-PRO 6848.

Thanks for the reply. Found a few local companies that are certified but I finally got a response from Enphase about what needs done and I've just about got it complete. Thanks again!

Your first install needes to be overseen or checked by enphase. I am also certified but have yet to install my first battery. How was it working with enphase for this final step? Thanks!

Your first install needes to be overseen or checked by enphase. I am also certified but have yet to install my first battery. How was it working with enphase for this final step? Thanks!
I literally just submitted my plan/ install so fingers crossed they ok it lol. Thanks for the help and input

Got it woohoo!!! Everything is commissioned and working. Now just have to wait until I can find time to install the Enpower sitting in the basement... (1 month old and 2.5 yrs old kids don't exactly allows for much of that... Lol)

Got it woohoo!!! Everything is commissioned and working. Now just have to wait until I can find time to install the Enpower sitting in the basement... (1 month old and 2.5 yrs old kids don't exactly allows for much of that... Lol)
Where did you purchase the equipment? Looking at starting a project in a couple months. Also, it looks like you got the next generation battery. I like the thinner form factor.

Where did you purchase the equipment? Looking at starting a project in a couple months. Also, it looks like you got the next generation battery. I like the thinner form factor.
I got all the equipment for the PV arrays from gogreensolar.com. They drew up a bunch of stuff for me and instructions for everything which got the whole thing stated. Then I got the Enpower directly from Enphase and the Encharge from ecodirect.com.
I'll say, they're topless!
haha you should see my breaker boxes. Everytime I think "I should put the covers back on" they're back off a few days later for some reason or another

@twillist i just passed all the certs, including storage. About ready to start the process for permits, etc for a 10kw system with storage. What exactly did you have to submit for enphase to commission storage? Also do you only need cellular in the controller 2 or envoy also? Was not clear in that.

I had to make a plan and a line drawing. I updated the plans that the company I bought the solar panels from and used the sample Enphase provided as a template for the line drawing. I don't have cellular so I can't help you there

I had to make a plan and a line drawing. I updated the plans that the company I bought the solar panels from and used the sample Enphase provided as a template for the line drawing. I don't have cellular so I can't help you there
Sorry to open up an old thread but I thought you had to have the Cellular for Enphase to warranty the batteries and all?

How did you get away with that?

Yeah they didn't say anything about not having it when I submitted it for certification but ended up bus a cell modem on eBay to get it commissioned. Stupid

Back