diy solar

diy solar

EP Cube

dcg9381

Solar Enthusiast

It's pretty. Warranty (assuming you follow terms, is 4 years).

Definitely a little more pricey than what you can build in terms of capacity with EG4, $22.8k for 15KW output, 20 kwh.

Video training (required) - not unique to other products.

I didn't did to hard on idle draw.

Anyone know if there is DIRECT product support? IE, not through the vendor?

I need to do a project this summer where we're setting up a cottage to EV charge "largely" from PV (we have grid). That'll require a set of batteries, probably 15-30 kWh. I can make it work with EG-4 stuff, buy my overall concern with EG-4 inverters is 240 watt idle draw in winter (2 inverters).

I would honestly price it out with victron gear (Quattros) and cheaper 48v batteries. It will likely be just as, if not more reliable, and you might save a little money. I believe this kind of system is more geared toward grid-tie with battery backup, with everything "to code". I'm not saying it won't work for you, but I believe you would be paying a premium without much benefit to yourself.

I would honestly price it out with victron gear (Quattros) and cheaper 48v batteries. It will likely be just as, if not more reliable, and you might save a little money. I believe this kind of system is more geared toward grid-tie with battery backup, with everything "to code". I'm not saying it won't work for you, but I believe you would be paying a premium without much benefit to yourself.
Recent code specifies that a battery storage systems in a residence need to be interior rated, etc.
There is some importance of having "one ass to kick" in terms of product support (which I assume in this case is a manufacturer that speaks English and an engineering team).

I agree capacity can be built for less $.

Just curious if anyone has direct experience with these components.

Recent code specifies that a battery storage systems in a residence need to be interior rated, etc.
There is some importance of having "one ass to kick" in terms of product support (which I assume in this case is a manufacturer that speaks English and an engineering team).

I agree capacity can be built for less $.

Just curious if anyone has direct experience with these components.
I think it's a brand new product, so I would be hesitant to be the guinea pig for it. I hear you though.

It's pretty. Warranty (assuming you follow terms, is 4 years).

Definitely a little more pricey than what you can build in terms of capacity with EG4, $22.8k for 15KW output, 20 kwh.

Video training (required) - not unique to other products.

I didn't did to hard on idle draw.

Anyone know if there is DIRECT product support? IE, not through the vendor?

I need to do a project this summer where we're setting up a cottage to EV charge "largely" from PV (we have grid). That'll require a set of batteries, probably 15-30 kWh. I can make it work with EG-4 stuff, buy my overall concern with EG-4 inverters is 240 watt idle draw in winter (2 inverters).
Since I'm in Alberta, I'm considering this system as an option. I need to do the cost analysis for ROI and compare it against going with the EG4 18k + PowerPro.

@Will Prowse - Are you planning to do a review video on the EP Cube System by chance?

Back