diy solar

diy solar

Epever 6415AN vs 4210AN

frankz66

Hello everyone . I just replaced my 4210an with the 6415AN . I was surprised by the size, which compared to the previous one is considerably larger. I was asking out of curiosity, that despite using a constant daily load, I had an increase of kwh towards the batteries, that is, with the previous one they arrive at the end of the day with 1.90 kwh now we are over 2.5 kwh. The system configuration is identical . ?? The panels 180w x 4 . Clearly the 4210an has a load power towards the batteries of 520 w and the 6415 over 700 w at 12 v . I monitored the production powers that from the early hours of the morning are not very high as the batteries are still charged with a voltage in the morning of 12.45 volts.

During peak sun, your 4210an probably clipped some of the power since it was maxed out.
Your 6415an was not maxed out so it was able to harness those extra amps into the battery.

During peak sun, your 4210an probably clipped some of the power since it was maxed out.
Your 6415an was not maxed out so it was able to harness those extra amps into the battery.
Hello and thank you for responding . So, as I had written earlier, in the morning in the first hours of sunshine the PV system already charges 350 watts at 8 AM, therefore at 11.30 it is in float. The most that made the panels when the batteries were dead were about 615 watts. Production was constant in both cases with both 4210 and 6415 . I write this because clearly I would have realized that every day I would arrive at an over panel beyond the declared power of the 540 watts at 12 volts of the 4210 AN. In short, to make you better understand the panels in the first hours have never been able to produce a certain power threshold beyond the limits of the 4210, therefore the watts already absorbed by the batteries up to 10 AM are already 1.2 kwh ......

Hello and thank you for responding . So, as I had written earlier, in the morning in the first hours of sunshine the PV system already charges 350 watts at 8 AM, therefore at 11.30 it is in float. The most that made the panels when the batteries were dead were about 615 watts. Production was constant in both cases with both 4210 and 6415 . I write this because clearly I would have realized that every day I would arrive at an over panel beyond the declared power of the 540 watts at 12 volts of the 4210 AN. In short, to make you better understand the panels in the first hours have never been able to produce a certain power threshold beyond the limits of the 4210, therefore the watts already absorbed by the batteries up to 10 AM are already 1.2 kwh ......

hmm.. was the 4210an hot when it was in use? maybe due to loss in inefficiency? compared to the 6415?.. just guessing here.

hmm.. was the 4210an hot when it was in use? maybe due to loss in inefficiency? compared to the 6415?.. just guessing here.
The temperature of 410 AN was higher than 6415, although it must be said that the weather is about to the summer period. However, the 4210 sometimes reached beyond 45 C, but with the help of fans I have always managed to lower this value by 10 C.Today for example I closed the day with 2,440 kwh of production towards the batteries (4 agm batteries 110 amps in parallel), these are values that despite the start of charge the morning of the batteries are at more than 50% I estimate about 70% the production has increased. At the moment with 4 panels I have a maximum power of 720 watts and the new epever holds up to 740 watts of charge at 12 volts very well. I was thinking of taking two more panels to have 3s2p, so in the evening and in the morning I have more watts of production. PEccato that as a beginner I made the mistake of buying lead-acid batteries, agm and finally also c100!

Last edited:
Back