diy solar

diy solar

EPever CC acting up

Olives

Epever 3210an with MT50
Dr. Prepare 12v 100AH battery
4x100w solar input. No grid

When I hit peak sun the voltage will spike to 17v. Obviously this throws a code and stops, but then restarts after the volage settles. I've been lucky enough to catch it every time and shut down the PV. Previously this was hooked to a flooded battery and worked perfectly, then an EG4 that would never charge past 13.3v. We determined it was a BMS issue and I moved to the smaller Dr. Prepare battery. When I hook up an old PWM it maintains voltage correctly. Although I'm not sure if its the EPever's fault or the BMS.
I've tried setting up parameter's via a laptop and using settings that worked previously for other users with this issue. However the CC doesn't seem to listen to the settings. Bad CC or bad BMS? Hopefully it hasn't done any damage.

Attachments

• EpEverCCsettings2.png
    EpEverCCsettings2.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Epever 3210an with MT50
Dr. Prepare 12v 100AH battery
4x100w solar input. No grid

When I hit peak sun the voltage will spike to 17v. Obviously this throws a code and stops, but then restarts after the volage settles. I've been lucky enough to catch it every time and shut down the PV. Previously this was hooked to a flooded battery and worked perfectly, then an EG4 that would never charge past 13.3v. We determined it was a BMS issue and I moved to the smaller Dr. Prepare battery. When I hook up an old PWM it maintains voltage correctly. Although I'm not sure if its the EPever's fault or the BMS.
I've tried setting up parameter's via a laptop and using settings that worked previously for other users with this issue. I can post them if it helps anyone. However the CC doesn't seem to listen to the settings. Bad CC or bad BMS? Hopefully it hasn't done any damage.

LFP battery is likely triggering over-votlage protection due to cell imbalance and cutting off charge. The charge controller can't react fast enough to prevent over-voltage when the battery cuts off charging.

Set boost to 13.8V with a 4 hour boost duration. See if you avoid the spike.

LFP battery is likely triggering over-votlage protection due to cell imbalance and cutting off charge. The charge controller can't react fast enough to prevent over-voltage when the battery cuts off charging.

Set boost to 13.8V with a 4 hour boost duration. See if you avoid the spike.
Posted an image of my settings. Based on others suggestions. Maybe I've done something wrong

Nothing of concern. Again recommend changing 14.50V to 13.80V and Boost duration to 240 min if it's an option. If it won't go to 240, set it as high as you can (maybe 120).
Done and done. 13.80v and 120min (max) We will see what happens. Although, will this cause imbalance? I was under the assumption that it needs higher than 14.2v to balance properly.

Done and done. 13.80v and 120min (max) We will see what happens. Although, will this cause imbalance? I was under the assumption that it needs higher than 14.2v to balance properly.

Depends on the Battery/BMS. 13.8V is 3.45V/cell, which is typically sufficient to get some balancing with many batteries/BMSs.

Step one is to find a voltage that eliminates the jump.
Step two is to find the highest voltage that eliminates the jump, use that for a couple weeks.
Step three is to bump the voltage higher incrementally over time until you achieve a 14.2-14.4V voltage and can charge regularly without spikes.

Back