diy solar

diy solar

EPEVER Tracer 2606BP keeps cutting load

pbray

Using a Tracer 2606BP with a 20W - 21.72V panel and a 12volt marine battery. The load is a 12 volt electric fence charger. In the late morning it begins to shut the load and then restart soon after then shut off again within a minute. It eventually cuts the load until early morning when it starts again. Using the MT50 I am set on flooded battery and manual control.

MT50 reads 19-20 v/.3A on the panel, Battery is full 14.6V .2A, load is 14.4V .3 to .5A. Anyone have an idea what's going on?

Thanks,

well, apparently this issue has stumped everyone. Any suggestions for a good outdoor controller for the application noted above? Think I better try a different one.

Great idea - tried it and it is working fine. Thanks for your help. The battery is staying charged just fine. Are there any unforeseen problems I might have powering the fence charger direct to the battery by passing the controller?

Great idea - tried it and it is working fine. Thanks for your help. The battery is staying charged just fine. Are there any unforeseen problems I might have powering the fence charger direct to the battery by passing the controller?
The load function is only use if the battery is full and than you can use that output for somting els

So really you use the wrong connection on that moment.
No problem see that you have fix it on your own.

All things u use always go from the battery its self.
And u use charger battery output to the battery
If the battery is full and the sun is still up .
No problem the solar energy will be use by the fence direct for it use the battery.

Energy is a strange thing.
Its like water and float to the place wat pull on it.
In this care the fence it self .
If thare a lot of charge from the solar panel it go to both systeem .

I'm not familiar with that particular model, but I checked the manual out of curiosity: https://www.epever.com/upload/file/1812/Tracer-BP-SMS-EL-V2.0.pdf

In the late morning it begins to shut the load and then restart soon after then shut off again within a minute. It eventually cuts the load until early morning when it starts again.

That behavior sounds a little like the load short-circuit behavior described in the manual;

Perhaps there's something about the "fence charger" such that it looks like a short circuit to the charge controller.

diy solar

diy solar
Back