diy solar

diy solar

EPEVER Tracer 10A MPPT Controller & MT50 question

Chopaka81

I am building a small 50AH LiFePo4 go box in a milk crate. I am using an EPEVER Tracer 2410 MPPT Charge Controller and a 200W Solar Array.
At the advice gleaned from YouTube Videos, I am using a MT50 to configure the Tracer. Everything has gone well tailoring the user parameters to charge my 50A battery.
Now that the parameters are all setup - and saved - I would prefer to run without the MT50. Will the Tracer Charge Controller retain the programming parameters I have loaded via the MT50?
Basically, is the tracer now considered "set and forget?"
Thanks, Don

I am building a small 50AH LiFePo4 go box in a milk crate. I am using an EPEVER Tracer 2410 MPPT Charge Controller and a 200W Solar Array.
At the advice gleaned from YouTube Videos, I am using a MT50 to configure the Tracer. Everything has gone well tailoring the user parameters to charge my 50A battery.
Now that the parameters are all setup - and saved - I would prefer to run without the MT50. Will the Tracer Charge Controller retain the programming parameters I have loaded via the MT50?
Basically, is the tracer now considered "set and forget?"
Thanks, Don

Yes. I have never had one lose its programming, and this includes some instances of extreme charge controller abuse (aka - hooking the battery up backwards).

The only thing that gets lost during a complete power cycle is the internal clock time. But that only affects the "generated energy today" parameter. The CC will function as normal.

Back