diy solar

diy solar

Equipment is in, setup questions.

04lss

Hi all,

Thanks for the input i have already received.

Today I get the last piece of my test system. I am excited to get it together, but I have a few sanity check questions.

1. My battery has a class T fuse inside. (AO Lithium) Do i still need an inline fuse?
2. I primarily intend this to be solar only, but would like the option to charge from my generator. I have read/watched that generator output can harm an AIO. I have a Honda Inverter generator, so its pure sine very low distortion, and i believe the AIO can limit charging amperage to well within the output of the generator. is it still unwise to go this route?
3. AC power on the PV leads. I have read, that some AIOs can put AC power into the PV leads. I have also read that this shouldnt happen if you have a floating ground.
Should I be concerned about this, especially sinc i am using a small array and dont have a dissconnect box yet. I am not planning to earth ground.
4. AO lithium uses their own battery cables. One end has what i believe to be an amphenol connector for the battery terminal, the other end is a lug. Assuming i dont need an additional fuse, how should i go about pre-charging the capacitors? I bought some 30 ohm 25 watt resistors for this purpose. I am not sure how to safely do it,

update, I was able to get the resistor to work. I also used my multimeter to check the PV leads.I dont have any panels connected but didnt see any voltage with the AC output on.

I am still not sure about 1/2.
I also havent been able to get coms working which is a bummer.

diy solar

diy solar
Back