diy solar

diy solar

EVE Direct - Quote

MrPhoton

I spoke to EVE's sales about full container loads of EVE LF280N for a friend.

20GP container = 1,728 pieces
40GP container = 4,320 pieces

I suggested $60/unit. They pitched > USD125 unit for FCL. Pre-pay first and then manufacture to spec and ship. No aging.

I half-joked - are you waiting for me to fallback to $70. Again - the insistence that True Grade-A can't go much lower than this price.

I'll call CATL, CALB, and a few others and feel out FCL A - but I'm beginning to re-think some definitions of A fully-matched Charge, Discharge, IR, V.

Example - could it be that 4s, 8s, 16s manufacturer fully matched lots are cheaper than 2,000 or 4,000 fully matched pieces. In that case though -- is the "Commodity Cell" term simply a manufacturer who chooses not to bother sorting deviations in groups of 4, 8, and 16 for other markets.

I would contact Amy and get quotes if you are actually serious. $125 per cell is about right for them.

An education is beginning in the world of Batteries in China and dealing with the manufacturers.
Be careful with your terms and how you write - simple, clean and Easy to translate to get an accurate understanding/meaning or else mis-communication will occur and frustrations will ramp up quickly. Different ponds have different sized fish, they are dealt with accordingly.

As of May of this year there were media reports that EVE was going to supply Tesla. If that's the case, EVE can probably jack up their price to non-Tesla customers. Good for EVE, bad for us DIY folks.

An education is beginning in the world of Batteries in China and dealing with the manufacturers.
Be careful with your terms and how you write - simple, clean and Easy to translate to get an accurate understanding/meaning or else mis-communication will occur and frustrations will ramp up quickly. Different ponds have different sized fish, they are dealt with accordingly.
Indeed! I lived 9 years in asia - and have worked with chinese manufacturers before.

I can always have agents in HK/CN/SG, etc. reach out for the quotes too and smell the difference.

In a single energy trade show - with business cards printed in the parking lot - I would have been able to discern the field better than a dozen emails. As you say, Presentation, Form, Style, the Learned Questions. Add to that list: Proximity and the Introducer (diplomatic/trade attache, industry, social, etc.

As of May of this year there were media reports that EVE was going to supply Tesla. If that's the case, EVE can probably jack up their price to non-Tesla customers. Good for EVE, bad for us DIY folks.
Well EVE, CATL and others now have even bigger contracts with Tesla and others, they are also building new factories including in Europe & US as well as China. For economic reasons, the factories often produce different chemistries simultaneously and if recollection serves, I believe that LFP will be produced as well in various formats. All of these companies have "structural batteries" as well...

While things will be bumpy for the next few years, within 5 when all the new plants are online and going, it will be quite a different picture... plus Battery Tech & Chemistries will likely be a fair bit better too.

Just ordered 16 x EVE 280 ah cells from Amy for $116 ea. These are a brand new batch they just received this week. $2404 delivered to Canada.

Just ordered 16 x EVE 280 ah cells from Amy for $116 ea. These are a brand new batch they just received this week. $2404 delivered to Canada.
I assume these are not the grade A, but the bulk cells.
The bulk cells are a better value for solar storage.

I assume these are not the grade A, but the bulk cells.
The bulk cells are a better value for solar storage.
They just ordered 2000 matched cells and now sell batches of 16 to end users. Amy sent me a copy of the report with all the tested measurements of the cells. I specifically asked and she confirmed..."Grade A".

They just ordered 2000 matched cells and now sell batches of 16 to end users. Amy sent me a copy of the report with all the tested measurements of the cells. I specifically asked and she confirmed..."Grade A".
That is a good price, I assume they include the welded terminals. I know Eve sells them with blank aluminum terminals, and any drilled or welded terminals are done by the vendor. That really is a good price for true grade A cells.

Back