diy solar

diy solar

EVE LF280K welded studs flying off like a bunch of acrobats in a circus

I expect this is what we are seeing. I'm not welding experienced but by the looks of the welded stud it seems at least with these Docan supplied cells the same equipment was used as in the YouTube link here. The question I have is, given the thickness of the base being welded onto the terminal is the required penetration occurring?

This sure suggests the job can get done with the right tool and settings. My EVE's through Docan look like it got done right and I've had no trouble.

OP should call that company and ask them for a free demo.
Op called ?
The dude in the phone said "wrong number"
Op emailed, then after 2 days used website chat window got "automated" reply over email after 24 hrs saying "we'll get back to you".

And if I have to ship them back, I'd be happy to. At their expense. Should not be too bad, from/to California.

Op here with quick update.
The seller emailed several weeks after dispute was filled.
They proposed small credit for failed ones.
But eventually agreed to refund the whole thing. I had to photograph each qr code etc.
Still waiting for them to provide shipping.

Now who do I buy cells from and 16 or 17
Decisions decisions

I expect this is what we are seeing. I'm not welding experienced but by the looks of the welded stud it seems at least with these Docan supplied cells the same equipment was used as in the YouTube link here. The question I have is, given the thickness of the base being welded onto the terminal is the required penetration occurring?

That fella in the video needs to get some pointers from this guy.

OP here with a quick end of story update.
1.Credit card finalized disputed amount in my favor.
2. Seller wants me to ship the cells back to them.
3. Seller agreed to pay for the return shipping.

If it wasn't for my credit card I'd be screwed.
End of the story.

What a mess, well glad it worked out for you, just goes to show you should never pay with bank only paypal/credit card.

What a mess, well glad it worked out for you, just goes to show you should never pay with bank only paypal/credit card.
Why is paypal so good. I know why credit cards in the US are a good way to pay, but why paypal ?

its double protection, pay with paypal using your credit card. First dispute file with paypal, if paypal rules against you then you file a dispute with your credit card co.

Back