diy solar

diy solar

Expedient setup

Could do with some goats. Need to mow and move these panels. Definitely getting some shading.

View attachment 215373
If you haven't moved them before, you might be in for a surprise.
I had a few laying on grass for just a few days and the grass became part of the back sheet. Was not easy to clean off. (And that was only a few days)

If you haven't moved them before, you might be in for a surprise.
I had a few laying on grass for just a few days and the grass became part of the back sheet. Was not easy to clean off. (And that was only a few days)
Been a couple weeks. I had them angled but with sun much higher now decided to go flat for longer duration production.

Thanks for this photo. I stopped at Home Depot and got some weed block fabric.
I did some trimming but wasn't feeling brave enough to trim directly against them. Since mowed adjacent to them and will shift both the strings to the mowed area.

20240516_200720.jpg

20240516_201038.jpg

Could do with some goats. Need to mow and move these panels. Definitely getting some shading.
Goat rated panels are pretty rare. Durn things like to climb on anything that is around them. I have seem the neighbor's goats up in trees, on rocks, on their tractor and even up on the backyard trampoline.

You might need some weed and grass killer.

20240514_140810-jpg.215373
20240516_200720-jpg.216154

Nothing wrong with battery saws, I have a little part time mowing/trimming business and I generally use Stihl kma/ap series battery gear for grass trimming, hedges, polesaw etc. carbon fiber extension pole for that extra reach. Still can't replace the backpack blowers too much weight not enough
screenshot_20220719-182323_gallery-jpg.205075

Hmmm... "The cobbler always wears the worst shoes" springs to mind ;) :ROFLMAO:

Back