diy solar

diy solar

Please check my string calculations. EG4 18kpv, 60 300w panels.

One more note about disconnects and the 18Kpv.
The 18Kpv has built-in PV disconnects. If the unit is mounted outside in an accessible location, the integrated disconnect should be accepted by the inspectors, but not all jurisdictions do. If the unit is mounted inside, there will need to be an outside disconnect to satisfy the inspectors.

Between the combiner box through the disconnect and to MPPT. 8AWG wire? ISC 28.71 AMP.
The NEC requires special calculations for current on the PV array. The wires need to be sized for 1.56 X Array ISC = 1.56 X 28.71 = 44.78A

Last edited:
So 6awg. 4awg was a beast getting it in. Had to put the positive in the 1st slot and had to put the negative in the 4th slot negative. Thanks

If I am doing anything wrong please tell me.
Why are you using such thick cables ? 6AWG is the largest it will take, you can use 14AWG as long as the current from the panel is less than 12A and it is protected by a fuse or breaker.

I have stamped approved plans that say's it does.
EG4 18kpv, 3x Powerpro batteries and Tigo TS4-A-F/2F on the panels. Remote RSD switch installed outside
Interesting. I am a bit surprised it got approved. Has it been inspected and signed off?

The code is hard enough to understand and follow. The variances in what individual jurisdictions and inspectors allow makes it that much more difficult to know what to do.

Green lancer made the plans for me and I don't think their system will let them do something that is not allowed per the current NEC regulations in each state. My local AHJ approved them and I'm doing the install right now. I will let everyone know how it goes 😁

Green lancer made the plans for me and I don't think their system will let them do something that is not allowed per the current NEC regulations in each state. My local AHJ approved them and I'm doing the install right now. I will let everyone know how it goes 😁
Are the panels roof mount or ground mount?

diy solar

diy solar
Back