diy solar

diy solar

ExpertPower 100Ah LiFePO4 Cells

Dr_Zu

The 80's were awesome. Right? Right???
Quick plug for ExpertPower 100Ah cells. I picked them up from their online store at $58 ea for 20 cells (free shipping from CA). I was a little concerned due to the lack of on-line reviews of their individual cells, but got a quick response to my questions through their website so I took the plunge.

I top balanced all 20 cells together at 3.65 volts (took a few days with my 10A benchtop PS) and then ran them individually through a capacity check (at 0.2C) using a low-cost capacity tester, similar to one Will has reviewed. Results are shown below. Missed a few voltages during testing, but the results were consistent and all cells tested out above 100Ah. Pretty cool!

George at ExpertPower has been extremely responsive to my questions. No idea about how the cells will perform over time, but I've got no reason to think they won't be fine. I'm using 4 of the cells as a 12V battery for the accessories on my pontoon boat and the other 16 as a 48V battery for my Torqeedo boat motor. Will update in a couple years.

ExpertPower 100Ah LiFePO4 Cell Measurements.pngExpertPower 100Ah LiFePO4 Cell Packaging.jpgExpertPower 100Ah LiFePO4 Cell Top Balance.jpgExpertPower 100Ah LiFePO4 Cell Testing.jpg

Back