diy solar

diy solar

Fan fault!

RogerW

Hello. Today my inverter showed t
Fault code 01. It is related to fan. I turned the inverter off to see if both fans were working. And they were. I have a 6kw sigineer split phase inverter. Temperature today is at its max. What can the problem be. And how to solve?

Thank you

Attachments

• 20240327_154811.jpg
    20240327_154811.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 6
Spinning != Working

Could be spinning too slow to make meaningful air movement

How long has that inverter been in service? If the fans don't have filters, dirt could have been sucked in and built up inside the unit. You'd have to open it up to clean it out.

The temp switch in one of my inverters stopped working, I snipped the fan wires and poked them out of the case to attach directly to the battery power connectors. The fan stays on 24/7, I can put up with the whirring sound but the inverter stays cooler than ever.

How long has that inverter been in service? If the fans don't have filters, dirt could have been sucked in and built up inside the unit. You'd have to open it up to clean it out.
3 months in service 24/7. No filters.

It's not likely to be dirt then. The unit may be defective. What's the environmental temperature around the unit? Is it really hot where the unit is being used?

It's not likely to be dirt then. The unit may be defective. What's the environmental temperature around the unit? Is it really hot where the unit is being used?
Well we live on a island on the north coast of Honduras. Last 2 days were extremely hot. Today we had a weather change. Including rain. Very cool breeze. Inverter is in a room with one window. But hardly Any breeze ever comes through that window. Think I need to put a air conditioner ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240328_225459_Weather.jpg
    Screenshot_20240328_225459_Weather.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 0
I found a Sigineer manual and it says max operating temp is 50c. With the heat being made by the inverter, could that closed room be getting that hot? I also noticed that they have two fan codes. 01 is for fan locked(not working). 02 is for internal temp over 100c. Based on the code you're seeing, I don't think it's overheating. It looks like the fans are not spinning properly.

Back