diy solar

diy solar

Faulty battery

Willdem1971

Hey guys. I really need some help here…

I have a new solar system that I installed (10KW) which has 2 rows of 4 batteries connected in parallel (8 in total). I installed the system brand new 4 months ago. I have several other of these systems identical to this one.

All the settings on my charger/inverter are correct according to the manual of the batteries.

I think that one of the batteries are faulty because it started venting a gas from my me of the cells yesterday, and a clear liquid (see picture). This is the only time I have seen this.

The supplier says that this is probably a faulty battery and said he will replace it. I am worried if it will cause problems because the other 7 batteries are 4 -6 months old and we will replace the faulty one with an identical new battery. He assures me it will be okay.

Does anyone know else agree?

Attachments

• IMG_6190.jpeg
    IMG_6190.jpeg
    607.3 KB · Views: 9
Would take advantage of the battery replacement. Sounds like a vendor who is willing to support the product. Without signs of damage or failure in the other batteries it might be difficult to get replacements.

What is the chemistry of these batteries? Will step aside and let others chip in.

diy solar

diy solar
Back