diy solar

diy solar

Feasible to run cables/wires 200 ft away from Ecoflow Delta Pro to cabin?

brbl2934

Can I put Ecoflow Delta Pro and it's Battery (2 x 3600Wh) 200ft. away from my tiny cabin and somehow run cords/wires in order to power a 9000 BTU mini split, and have one electrical outlet in the cabin for super light loads such as standing lamp and charging laptop?

If so, suggestions on how to do it?

I would put the ecoflows in my RV or buy some outdoor shed.

I would get the refurb:

Specs directly from Ecoflow:

Can I put Ecoflow Delta Pro and it's Battery (2 x 3600Wh) 200ft. away from my tiny cabin and somehow run cords/wires in order to power a 9000 BTU mini split, and have one electrical outlet in the cabin for super light loads such as standing lamp and charging laptop?

If so, suggestions on how to do it?

I would put the ecoflows in my RV or buy some outdoor shed.

Leaving aside whether it could power the Aircon for the moment I have to ask why with a portable power pack unit you want it 200ft away from the item being powered? There are many voltage drop calculators on the 'net that you can look up and calculate wire size.

Leaving aside whether it could power the Aircon for the moment I have to ask why with a portable power pack unit you want it 200ft away from the item being powered? There are many voltage drop calculators on the 'net that you can look up and calculate wire size.
To be away from the noise

Not sure yet, what do you suggest (EG4?) to make this feasible?
You need to plug the required current into one of those online voltage drop calculators, set it for maybe 5%, and see what size wire you need. Obviously the ouput current capabilities of your EcoFlow will put a top limit on the current.

You need to plug the required current into one of those online voltage drop calculators, set it for maybe 5%, and see what size wire you need. Obviously the ouput current capabilities of your EcoFlow will put a top limit on the current.
I don't know if I did it right, but I used 8.26A based on "Rated current heating" for 12K BTU unit (https://eg4electronics.com/wp-conte...BTU-AC-DC-Plug-N-Cool-Solar-AC-Spec-Sheet.pdf)

It gave me 7.7% drop. So does this mean that since the voltage drops, the Amps will be higher, and I need a lower AWG wire?

The spec. sheet also says minimum circuit ampacity is 19.05 Amps. I'm leaning towards thinking this is the Amp value I should have plugged into the calculator, well if so I plugged it in now and got 17.76% voltage drop, meaning I would need 12AWG wire.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 11.09.27 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 11.09.27 PM.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 11.30.10 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 11.30.10 PM.png
    120.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 11.30.19 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 11.30.19 PM.png
    166.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I don't know if I did it right, but I used 8.26A based on "Rated current heating" for 12K BTU unit (https://eg4electronics.com/wp-conte...BTU-AC-DC-Plug-N-Cool-Solar-AC-Spec-Sheet.pdf)

It gave me 7.7% drop. So does this mean that since the voltage drops, the Amps will be higher, and I need a lower AWG wire?

The spec. sheet also says minimum circuit ampacity is 19.05 Amps. I'm leaning towards thinking this is the Amp value I should have plugged into the calculator, well if so I plugged it in now and got 17.76% voltage drop, meaning I would need 12AWG wire.
Sounds reasonable. A buck a foot for 12/3 stranded at Home Depot.

I've heard they are quite noisy, but so noisy that you can't put it in a closet somewhere?

It wouldn't be too difficult to build a quasi-soundproof closet that still allowed airflow.
I have an Ecoflow Delta 1300. I put it in the tiny cabin to run a 250-500W heater ( I forgot which setting I had it on), and I could easily hear the delta 1300 fan outside with all the doors and windows closed.

diy solar

diy solar
Back