diy solar

diy solar

Feed Growatt and/or panel??

jlemke

I have an off grid cabin that I am building. I have a Growatt 24V SPF 3000TL LVM - 3kW that I will be installing with EG4 batteries. My question is, how can I have a generator feed the AIO and my panel separately? What I mean is, I want the generator wired into the AIO but I also want to be prepared just incase there is an issue with the AIO and I need to just feed the panel from the generator. Is there some kind of 2 way bypass? AIO--off--panel? I also know that there would be other precautions to prevent back feed to the possibly disabled AIO. This is all new wiring so I would like for this to be as neat and straight forward as possible and not have to do rewiring if the the AIO would fail for some reason. I just want to plan ahead since it is all new wiring.

You can put in a MTS or manual transfer switch before panel. One side is AIO the other generator. You can also have a another MTS that is used to select power to the AIO from generator or have the generator feed the first MTS.

You will need a Manual or Automatic Transfer Switch to move the generator from the Growatt to the Panel.
What you could do is have a generator plug for the Growatt, and one for the Panel. Then you plug the generator into whichever you want to power.

On the panel side, depending upon your panel, you might be able to have an Interlock that prevents the Main Breaker and a Side Breaker from both being on at the same time. The Generator Plug to the Panel can be wired to the side breaker.

You can put in a MTS or manual transfer switch before panel. One side is AIO the other generator. You can also have a another MTS that is used to select power to the AIO from generator or have the generator feed the first MTS.
I had thought the same thing. Possibly using two of something like this (pic attached). This may seem stupid and overkill, but if I get to the cabin and the AIO has failed, for some reason, I would like to quickly switch over to just have the generator feed the panel then.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230822-112028_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230822-112028_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 4
I prefer this style depending on your loading needs. Takes a while to get though.

Attachments

• 1692824527513.png
    1692824527513.png
    350.5 KB · Views: 5
Back