diy solar

diy solar

Midnite Solar DIY AIO and non inverter generator for battery charging?

saggys

Hi,

I have asked this question before and it never got a solid answer. Will a non inverter type generator work with the MN5048, MN3548 and MN3024 DIY AIO inverters?

I am still using my SRNE AIO clone inverter and I only have two issues with it: Inverter type generator only on its AC input for battery charging and the DC battery voltage range it works with. So, all in all pretty impressed with its performance so far.

I did purchase a MN3548 AIO with a e-panel and now also have some LIFEP04 batteries on the way so the voltage range on the DC input should not be a issue any longer. I am hoping the frequency acceptance range will be wide enough to use my stationary propane powered Onan with it for battery charging.

I have not installed the Midnite Solar equipment yet.

Can anyone verify if this combination works?

No problem.

If you have issues getting the inverter to accept the generator you can add a small load to it before connecting the inverter. I had to use a small space heater or heat gun to get my Voltronic to connect to the generator, the SRNE had no issues.

Another thing you can try is switching the input voltage range, the setting with APL and another option.

Just remember you need to flip to utility first to charge with the generator, you'll be running in pass through so leave room for the rest of your loads on the generator.

Back