diy solar

diy solar

Midnite Solar Announced their new 10kw AIO at Intersolar Today

HighTechLab

AKA Dexter - CTO of Current Connected, LLC
I don't have the full spec sheet, but Midnite has a very impressive unit on the way. I spent about an hour at Intersolar talking to the brains behind the operation and was very impressed. Unlike some competitors, the Midnite team was very humble and pleasant to talk to and they didn't belittle the small businesses they work with. We agreed to get one of these AIO units at the end of February when inventory arrives and will use this thread to share everything we can learn about this machine.

Some specs:
PV Input voltage up to 600VOC, MPPT operating range of 70V to 550v (this is a higher top and lower bottom than SA and EG4)
3 MPPT inputs
48v battery input
100A passthrough/transfer switch
15kW solar input
10kW continuous inverter
Surge: 13kW on a single leg (WOW!)
Field serviceable! First AIO to have this ability.

To get things started, a picture!

IMG_2778.jpg

I don't have the full spec sheet, but Midnite has a very impressive unit on the way. I spent about an hour at Intersolar talking to the brains behind the operation and was very impressed. Unlike some competitors, the Midnite team was very humble and pleasant to talk to and they didn't belittle the small businesses they work with. We agreed to get one of these AIO units at the end of February when inventory arrives and will use this thread to share everything we can learn about this machine.

Some specs:
PV Input voltage up to 600VOC, MPPT operating range of 70V to 550v (this is a higher top and lower bottom than SA and EG4)
3 MPPT inputs
48v battery input
100A passthrough/transfer switch
15kW solar input
10kW continuous inverter
Surge: 13kW on a single leg (WOW!)
Field serviceable! First AIO to have this ability.

To get things started, a picture!

View attachment 189615
Did you get a close up of the spec sheets next to the inverter?

Pricing? Parallel capability?

13kw surge on single leg is way beyond what the sol-ark can do if I'm not mistaken?

The breakers inside are all Midnite breakers. They are made in China but based on what I’m seeing and understanding, this is not just a Midnite sticker over top of the OEM label

Their 3k/5k were made my SRNE but I recall reading from the midnite folk that they weren’t overjoyed at times.
Having 3MPPT inputs separates its from being one of the current SRNE or MPP flavors (unless they got that change facilitated)
I imagine their voodoo magic could make either of those operate in their desired voltage range. I figured they implemented some variant of their e-panel below.
Couldn’t find a matching case/screen on Ali, no chatter about it on their forum, nothing on their website (I’m not complaining, I realize this is a “sneak peak” just saying, I’ve been trying to decipher lmao)

Midnite has actual inverter design experience unlike those other Chinese inverter rebadgers. Expect bugs to be fixed and have component level support.
I’ve heard they want to exit the original set of DIY line products… wonder how they ended up dealing with the support for customers that bought into it.

Midnight had talked about possible future hardware/firmware customizations of those smaller ones, but indicated none had been done yet.

I’ve heard they want to exit the original set of DIY line products… wonder how they ended up dealing with the support for customers that bought into it.

?

Best way to do that is offer free swap for a Midnight designed, US built model.

When SMA decided not to support earlier Sunny Boys, they offered free swap for new model. But only within warranty period.

Back