diy solar

diy solar

New 10kw NHX AIO From Watts247

Kornbread

Solar Addict
Last edited:
Are we entering an era of affordable, large'ish AIO with all the bells and whistles? Anyone else see this at Watts247? Supposed to be available this month. 120lbs. (low freq?), 500v max mppt input, 4 pv inputs @15kw max, grid interactive, UL listed, battery-less or not, IP65.

Looks like it's not extendable (not stackable). To run a whole house completely electrical off-grid, 10kVA is not enough. At least two or even better three of these units working in parallel would be perfect. It may be a good option if grid is available (and willing of grid usage if not enough solar or the 10kVA are exhausted).

2800$ for 10 kW split phase AIO. Nice!
But 2 EG4 6000XP are also 2800$ for 12 kW. I admit, not grid interactive or outdoor rated.

Any information available about warranty?

Are we entering an era of affordable, large'ish AIO with all the bells and whistles? Anyone else see this at Watts247? Supposed to be available this month. 120lbs. (low freq?), 500v max mppt input, 4 pv inputs @15kw max, grid interactive, UL listed, battery-less or not, IP65.

... and $2800 for the 10k version.

Very interesting. I see they also are going to carry 5 and 8kW split phase models of it. Definitely makes it to my Bookmark list for future investigation.

Looks like it's not extendable (not stackable). To run a whole house completely electrical off-grid, 10kVA is not enough. At least two or even better three of these units working in parallel would be perfect. It may be a good option if grid is available (and willing of grid usage if not enough solar or the 10kVA are exhausted).
I've been looking into this inverter pretty closely. It seems like a pretty good deal to me.
It appears to be the same as this inverter.
Amensolar Inverters
Based on that Amensolar user manual, you can parallel 8 or at least that's the number of parallel addresses it allows
User Manual

For ~$2800 you could also get 2 SRNE ASF 10Kw or 4 SRNE HYP 5Kw, grid interactive not outdoor rated.
IIRC, you ordered your 10k srne direct? Lowest price on the powmr 10k I've seen is $1800, which is still considerably less but I would expect watts to be very good at supporting their product.

Stackable would definately be a consideration for my situation. If this is the same as amensolar, who is the oem manu?

IIRC, you ordered your 10k srne direct? Lowest price on the powmr 10k I've seen is $1800, which is still considerably less but I would expect watts to be very good at supporting their product.
I ordered through their alibaba official storefront. I've read posts from other members that have gotten excellent support from SRNE.
I've also heard many good things about W247.
Stackable would definately be a consideration for my situation.
The HYP version is stackable, the ASF stackable version isn't available in split phase yet.
If this is the same as amensolar, who is the oem manu?
No idea, never heard of amensolar until now.
Not bad on the specs at all. My only dislike is the 14A mppts, but there are 4 of them...

Cooling: Natural Convection
Noise emission: <38dB
Self-consumption at night: <15W (with battery enabling < 20W)
?
15w idle consumption would be absolutely bonkers at this capacity.

Someone has to verify that somehow

Looking at the Data sheet from Amensolar for these: https://www.amensolar.com/uploads/DataSheet-AMENSOLAR-N3H-X-US-48V-INVERTER.pdf it is a bit better than a lot of China offerings for giving you usable information. They sure are not light at 41kg (90 lbs.) But am liking the natural convection cooling low ambient noise and the really low self consumption figures. Now if the price slowly drops down into a better range than the initial offerings it could be a possibility for me.

It does seem that there are several UL listed AIO's coming to market this year to interest the US Off grid (with grid as backup) customers.

Looking at the Data sheet from Amensolar for these: https://www.amensolar.com/uploads/DataSheet-AMENSOLAR-N3H-X-US-48V-INVERTER.pdf it is a bit better than a lot of China offerings for giving you usable information. They sure are not light at 41kg (90 lbs.) But am liking the natural convection cooling low ambient noise and the really low self consumption figures. Now if the price slowly drops down into a better range than the initial offerings it could be a possibility for me.

It does seem that there are several UL listed AIO's coming to market this year to interest the US Off grid (with grid as backup) customers.
Watts shows 120lbs in their 'additional info' tab which is why I wondered if it might be low freq, but the label does say 41kg ~90lbs.

The lcd screen looks very Voltronic like.

Good Morning.
this is in fact the same model that can be paralleled to 8 units, we have made extensive firmware updates and features to the vanilla model you see online.

We have been running these Indoors, outdoors, as EV chargers, Welding and Plasma Cutting Operations, Compressors, Motors, Heat Guns, Forklift Charging stations etc etc. more videos to come soon.
It has a ton of features, like any newish product, it still has some small bugs / deficits. Asking the Western Mind to communicate with the Eastern Mind is always a challenge, as there are many philosophical challenges in the way we view the world, nevermind technical concepts.
I personally have been working with the many Eastern software/hardware engineers now for about 30 yrs, and it remains a challenge to get a point/concept across.

These have a 5 yr warranty,
we are also stocking some spare parts, even though we have never managed to kill one yet.
Paralleling is easy, just as simple CAT5 cable between units.
Solar Assistant Does work with these units, we have to make a special plug for now. (basically a 4 pin molex plug (same as fan connector )) this plugs into the mainboard

We have these mounted in the Rain and Snow.

The most common failure on any electronics is having ambient air run through the PCB (Dust , Humidity, etc is a sure killer - see what Florida does to a circuit board) This is why we are moving towards IP65 + units in future. all cooling is done externally.
I shake my head at some local suppliers offering warranties longer than MNFR warranty, especially where they suck all this soot/moisture and dust through the PCB.

At the most recent trade show, one of the recently well known manufacturers (who has only been on the US market since April 2023) admitted that they cannot get their open air models to last past 2 yrs near the ocean, but yet they offer a 5 yr warranty. Boggles the mind.

On the NHX series, will be doing videos shortly on idle consumption, ( its higher than 15w for sure), as well as load tests etc.
Things can get quite complicated or as simple as you want with grid interactions. Some things, I still scratch my head.
Like Sol-Ark, it can take a few weeks to start to understand what its going to do when I change setting X.
That's why the manual we have updated on our website has common USE case settings for the most common cases.
Arriving late Jan 2024. Add yourself to the waitlist

user Manual Link https://watts247.com/manuals/NHX- Series/NHX Series 48V INVERTER USER MANUAL-NFI.pdf

Pending all the recent snow storms, these should be here at our warehouse early next week.
Tks for reading
Ian

And now a 20kw version that looks priced right around the eg4 18kpv ... never mind, looks like it's an offering for 2 10kw.

Any updates on these units? @Watts247 - Ian Roux

Last edited:
If I'm understanding it correctly, among other things here we have...

- zero export (so can connect to main panel rather than needing another panel) and use the CTs to prevent back feed.
- 48v battery support
- 10kw x up to 8 units.
- IP65.

If house loads need more than it can provide, will it supplement from the grid?

If so it seems like a no brainer at that price.

Looks promising, but after reading through the manuals, it doesn't seem to have a built in transfer switch. Is that correct @Watts247 - Ian Roux? I am looking for something to I can plug my 200 amp house into so I don't have to create new boxes with "critical loads". I'll manage the loads during an outage.

Back