diy solar

diy solar

Testing EG4 6000XP AIO inverter.

Anyone running the XP in lead acid voltage mode for LFP (not SOC) mode? Interested in seeing examples AC charge and discharge settings. Specially for AC charge, the unit will charge up to specified voltage then just immediately go to discharge, not enough absorption time for balancing to be effective.

Last edited:
Anyone running the XP in lead acid voltage (not SOC) mode? Interested in seeing examples AC charge and discharge settings. Specially for AC charge, the unit will charge up to specified voltage then just immediately go to discharge, not enough absorption time for balancing to be effective.
I wasn't aware that lead batteries needed balance time.

I like to manually top balance once a month.
That’s exactly what Im using AC First for now with a few quick charges. I didn’t parallel my new pack build to top balance first, just using the JK active balancer

Last edited:
Could you briefly explain 3 and 4?
I don't believe when I unboxed my 6000xp and new eg4 48V WP battery as it was in BMS UV protect. I had to use a pwoer supply set down to 2A Current limit to wake it then all fine.

Because if suggestions earlier in this thread related to voltage based discharged settings I updated firmware. I had difficulty, I would get "partial update" as some portion if number would FW number updated. I called EG4 and they initiated a new update remotely and put me on
ccaa-180C0D

Since that time I can manually set my voltage based settings now they way I wanted in earlier thread. I tested a complete battery BMS UV protect again. I had no input on grid and only an input on generator as that's how my off grid cabin will run. Since on 6000XP gen input wont power unit stand alone, for this battery BMS UV protect scenario this config cannot be autonomously recovered from. I moved my gen input to Grid input and the unit over a few seconds eventually woke the battery. I beleive this is new at @Zapper77 says but I am not certain I tested this correctly initially. I am certain it works now this round of test.

Anyone running the XP in lead acid voltage mode for LFP (not SOC) mode? Interested in seeing examples AC charge and discharge settings. Specially for AC charge, the unit will charge up to specified voltage then just immediately go to discharge, not enough absorption time for balancing to be effective.
I am but no AC grid input, only gen input.

I don't believe when I unboxed my 6000xp and new eg4 48V WP battery as it was in BMS UV protect. I had to use a pwoer supply set down to 2A Current limit to wake it then all fine.

Because if suggestions earlier in this thread related to voltage based discharged settings I updated firmware. I had difficulty, I would get "partial update" as some portion if number would FW number updated. I called EG4 and they initiated a new update remotely and put me on
ccaa-180C0D

Since that time I can manually set my voltage based settings now they way I wanted in earlier thread. I tested a complete battery BMS UV protect again. I had no input on grid and only an input on generator as that's how my off grid cabin will run. Since on 6000XP gen input wont power unit stand alone, for this battery BMS UV protect scenario this config cannot be autonomously recovered from. I moved my gen input to Grid input and the unit over a few seconds eventually woke the battery. I beleive this is new at @Zapper77 says but I am not certain I tested this correctly initially. I am certain it works now this round of test.
@iannecj so the grid input will wake up and charge an UV and shutdown battery but generator input won’t?

ccaa-180C0D

I need to explore setting 17 (wake battery). I've only used setting 17 once but I'm not sure if it's automatic or requires user input.

Back