diy solar

diy solar

Testing EG4 6000XP AIO inverter.

I updated through the eg4 monitoring site earlier but doesn't seem like the right version as seen in my last post above. Also here are the screenshots from my phone:
View attachment 193817
View attachment 193818
I had a similar issue going from 66 to 0D. I'll let EG4 know.

66 and 0D are (assumed) identical that's why it's reporting no update available. 66 was the test name and 0D is the published version.

I have a question about firmware on this inverter. On the monitoring website, it shows there is an update available, however when you click the see more, it appears to be showing updates for the 18kpv instead. With no was to view release notes for the 6000XP. Is there somewhere else I can find that info?
@EG4_Jarrett - I've noticed this as well. Any way to get to the release notes for the 6000XP through the monitoring portal? It always just shows us the 18kPV firmware release notes...

I just updated my inverter. It made me install two updates until it was the latest.

Why does my firmware name show160 instead of 180 ? Is this correct?

Attachments

• IMG_3905.jpeg
    IMG_3905.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3904.jpeg
    IMG_3904.jpeg
    28.1 KB · Views: 6
I just updated my inverter. It made me install two updates until it was the latest.

Why does my firmware name show160 instead of 180 ? Is this correct?
16 and 18 are MPPT. I don't recall seeing anything major going from 16 to 18.

Not sure what that means?
I’m just curious why my firmware name is different.
I don't know why, I was just pointing out that I don't recall anything major going from 16 to 18 for the MPPT.

So I rebooted the 6000xp just to clear anything out and it took another update but still at 180C66. Now have option 30 for Generator there.
Sounds like you are good to go. Don't worry about the 66 vs 0D they are the same.

Could you briefly explain 3 and 4?
20240206_202905.jpg

3 - Is 3 phase power, common in light commercial. 3 legs of 120 that are 120 degrees. Screenshot_20240206_203158_Edge.jpg

4 - I "hope" has the ability to send power to a sleeping battery to wake it. In previous versions the inverter would not send power to the battery, if the battery was asleep.

4 - I "hope" has the ability to send power to a sleeping battery to wake it. In previous versions the inverter would not send power to the battery, if the battery was asleep.
Assume you mean when voltage is lower than under voltage protection?

Back