diy solar

EG4 6000xp Terminology

D. Abineri

In my Notices on the PC app I am seeing events such as:

PV Isolation low
EPS Over load
Battery open

What do these terms mean?

Also, I am finding, on my PC, that I must log in a couple of times each day and this is getting tiresome. Is there a way around this repetitive process?

Also, almost daily, the wifi dongle disconnects and I must use the phone app to wake it up. Is there a way around this?

The disconnects might be due to the distance from the local router or the strength of the 2.4GHz band. "Bat Open" typically indicates that the inverter isn't detecting voltage from the battery, while "EPS Over Load" suggests that either L1 or L2 is surpassing the rated 3000W per line, the 6000W limit, or 12,000W for approximately 3.5 seconds or 11,000W for about 5 seconds on a surge. "PV isolation low" generally indicates that the isolation between the PV system and inverter or ground is lower than 100-480v DC input voltage range.

The disconnects might be due to the distance from the local router or the strength of the 2.4GHz band. "Bat Open" typically indicates that the inverter isn't detecting voltage from the battery, while "EPS Over Load" suggests that either L1 or L2 is surpassing the rated 3000W per line, the 6000W limit, or 12,000W for approximately 3.5 seconds or 11,000W for about 5 seconds on a surge. "PV isolation low" generally indicates that the isolation between the PV system and inverter or ground is lower than 100-480v DC input voltage range.
Thanks fo this, Jared, I do not find this written anywhere???

Back