diy solar

diy solar

Off grid/no internet EG4 6000xp/powerpro system commissioning and firmware

Just a heads up, if you let us know you are out in the middle of nowhere with no connection capability like you are, we can power on the units before shipping and do any updates before shipping - you just need to call into our sales team and coordinate it with them in advance.

I believe my team is, or is working on, getting an email reply to you as well to this question!

Thanks!
Dexter
That certainly would have been easier. I only thought to ask if y'all updated them as a standard, not whether you could do it for me even though typically they ship out still sealed (which makes total sense).

There's a lot of confusion potential caused by EG4 putting out one half of the firmware to be applied by RS485 cable and the other half by RS232 cable, none of which ship with the batteries, and which if you watch the video seem to be franken-cables:
. Hopefully I can get it sorted out.

On the inverter side though, which at one point I thought might be even harder for my situation, the 6000xp update says it was applied successfully doing it in the offline method that was pointed out here (in the 18kPV video, using the app and a smartphone to connect directly to the dongle's wifi).

ETA: yeah - we're emailing too :)

Back