diy solar

diy solar

Critial loads panel / 2nd GTI / new EG4 6000XP and powerpro

Chris_NH

Hi.
I want to add a critical loads panel with a (I think, but open to other suggestions) EG4 6000XP and an EG4 powerpro battery backup onto current system. Also adding 2nd solar array and need clarity on the 120% rule.
Image of current system attached.
Looking for input on how to configure it. Thinking AC coupled, with the new 100amp critical loads panel just left of our current 200amp main.

The garage subpanel is maxed out according to the 120% rule with the 20a breaker/Sunny Boy 3000US GTI, correct?
So I can only have one more 20a breaker with the new GTI in the system, correct? And it can't be on the garage subpanel?
So I assume the critial loads panel is where I'd feed the second GTI, likely a Growatt MIN 3300TL-X.

Am I correct that for an AC coupled multimode system like this: main--to--interactive system disconnect--to--EG4 6000XP
Then the it would go EG4 6000XP --to--critical loads panel
Then into the critial loads panel would come the existing 100amp garage subpanel, the new Growatt GTI and all the critical house loads I want to power in an outage.
Sound correct?

The 2nd attached image is what I'm using for code reference.

And how about the existing 30amp generator inlet. Where should that get routed so we can use our 5,000 watt inverter generator to charge the EG4 powerpro for prolonged grid down? It's currently interlocked on the main panel, but I have to move that behind the interactive system disconnect, yes?

Thanks!

Attachments

• existing.jpg
    existing.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 15
  • ac-coupled.jpg
    ac-coupled.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 15
Other questions aside, I don't see how you could feed the same critical loads panel from both the Sunny Boy and the 6000XP. They won't have their sine waves synchronized...

Other questions aside, I don't see how you could feed the same critical loads panel from both the Sunny Boy and the 6000XP. They won't have their sine waves synchronized...
Does that mean the Mayfield Renewables diagram is wrong, or am I misreading it somehow?

Interesting.
I assumed since the 6000xp connected to the grid prividing passthrough and did so many other things it was by definition a multimode inverter.

Are there any multimode inverters in that price range that would do as I described?

Interesting.
I assumed since the 6000xp connected to the grid prividing passthrough and did so many other things it was by definition a multimode inverter.

Are there any multimode inverters in that price range that would do as I described?
If you want grid-tied and battery backup, you need to look for a hybrid AIO.
Not in the same price range.

Back