diy solar

diy solar

Testing EG4 6000XP AIO inverter.

Yes, the lcd screen. Another YTuber said a month ago that an update was in the works for it.

Don't hold your breath.

Sometimes statements are made that are "forward looking" and may not happen.

Some influencers may not understand such statements and simply imply something that may not happen. Leaving out context of the conversation can lead to misunderstanding.

You may need to adjust for voltage sag under load. Can you try 51v instead of 50v?
I cannot adjust higher than 50V for warning and 49V for EOD and Cutoff. I have not been able to fully figure out constraints on these number but I know this....the sole constraint in manual (range) isnt the only one one as I will try to move them together and cant. There are other unpublished in manual selection constraints.

I cannot adjust higher than 50V for warning and 49V for EOD and Cutoff. I have not been able to fully figure out constraints on these number but I know this....the sole constraint in manual (range) isnt the only one one as I will try to move them together and cant. There are other unpublished in manual selection constraints.
Try to make adjustments on the actual inverter first. I’ve noticed some setting wouldn’t apply through the app.

Change one at a time. Warning first and go down the line, saving after each one.

I have a question about firmware on this inverter. On the monitoring website, it shows there is an update available, however when you click the see more, it appears to be showing updates for the 18kpv instead. With no was to view release notes for the 6000XP. Is there somewhere else I can find that info?

I have a question about firmware on this inverter. On the monitoring website, it shows there is an update available, however when you click the see more, it appears to be showing updates for the 18kpv instead. With no was to view release notes for the 6000XP. Is there somewhere else I can find that info?
The 6000xp change log is accessible from the EG4 APP

Screenshot_20240205_123713_EG4 Monitor.jpg

Try to make adjustments on the actual inverter first. I’ve noticed some setting wouldn’t apply through the app.
I dont see battery warning on LCD or in the list of 29 settgings in the table in the manual. Is this something you can change via LCD? If so where is it?

Change one at a time. Warning first and go down the line, saving after each one.
I only see warning on app and webpage. Neither lets me go above 50. Do you see a away to change this via LCD? Are you able to set higher than 50 by any means? Trying to test your suggestion to add some buffer to the number discharge numbers but cant get warning higher..

I dont see battery warning on LCD or in the list of 29 settgings in the table in the manual. Is this something you can change via LCD? If so where is it?

Make sure batteries are charged above 53V.
Then change setting 12 to 52.8V
Next change setting 11 to 52.4V
Then go to app and change warning to higher voltage.

UGH, how do I downgrade then:
Someone reported a 2nd unexpected update. I didn't experience any issues.

It could have been a normal reboot as part of the 3 part update and the user was just confused. Either way get it a few hours before updating.

If you already updated...can you (test) click on the generator start button on the monitor site?

Someone reported a 2nd unexpected update. I didn't experience any issues.

It could have been a normal reboot as part of the 3 part update and the user was just confused. Either way get it a few hours before updating.

If you already updated...can you (test) click on the generator start button on the monitor site?
I don't see a generator start button, Only quick charge. Maybe I'm not looking the right spot on the app or website.

I updated through the eg4 monitoring site earlier but doesn't seem like the right version as seen in my last post above. Also here are the screenshots from my phone:
IMG_4550.png
IMG_4551.jpeg

Back