diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000XP Neutral-Ground Bonding

Thoughts on this configuration...

View attachment 206440
Completely off-grid? Yes, this is totally viable and looks good to me.
Assume you need to add an EGC from batteries to the main panel ground bar. Still think it’s odd you can’t land the PV ground in the inverter. Just not making sense to me.
I understand where you are coming from because it doesn't make sense to me either. I won't claim to know how every circuit on the inverter is drawn out, and why certain things work the way they do, but I know through hours of troubleshooting and consulting with the R&D team, that moving it has resolved that flicker issue for a lot of customers.

I do not have experience with the tesla charger but I do know it has circuitry the checks for the NG bond. As far as I know it should work with your set up.
I have a 6000xp setup with 2 eg4 batteries to go off grid charging the Tesla. It work great for 2 weeks but when I updated the 6000xp it gave me the 2 red flashing light in the Tesla charger which I think indicate no NG bond but I did have the settings 26 which NG bond enable. Still try to get it figure out what’s going on. anybody have this problem?

what about on-grid?
For on-grid, the NG bond should be in the Main Breaker Panel and the relay in the inverter should be disabled (Never create a bond).

Frankly, I don't understand why the 6000XP has a bonding relay. I would not use it in either an on-grid or off-grid mode. I would always do the bond outside of the inverter. (A bonding jumper is way more reliable than a relay)

Back