diy solar

diy solar

6000XP EG4 Neutral-Ground Bonding in Main Panel?

girfold

Hey all, I'm transitioning from 2 3000 EG4 inverters to a single 6000XP EG4 and have a question regarding my main panel hookup.

In the previous setup, I had a neutral-ground bond in my main panel, 2 hots and 2 neutrals coming from the 3000 EG4 inverters, and a chassis bond that was joined up in the main panel's ground busbar.

My thought is that I would leave it like that in the main panel, and just have 1 neutral and 1 ground wire that go into my main panel and disable the neutral-ground bond setting in my configuration. Is that reasonable, or should I remove the screw in the main panel and have the neutral-ground bond occur within the inverter and transition the primary ground wire from the main panel to the inverter?

My thought is that I would leave it like that in the main panel, and just have 1 neutral and 1 ground wire that go into my main panel and disable the neutral-ground bond setting in my configuration. Is that reasonable, or should I remove the screw in the main panel and have the neutral-ground bond occur within the inverter and transition the primary ground wire from the main panel to the inverter?
I would disable the bonding in the inverter and do the bond in your main panel.

As I have said in other posts, I can't think of a situation where I would recommend using the static bonding of the inverter. It is a common neutral architecture so put a hardwired bond in the main panel and be done with it. Why count on a relay when a jumper is more reliable?

Can I say this is TRUE:

For all those people that run the 6000xp Off-Grid and use a Chargeverter, disable setting 26 and bond your neutrals and grounds in your (main) AC panel. The End.

Please verify so I can move on.

(I posted this in another 6000xp thread, but this one may be more appropriate.)

Can I say this is TRUE:

For all those people that run the 6000xp Off-Grid and use a Chargeverter, disable setting 26 and bond your neutrals and grounds in your (main) AC panel. The End.

Please verify so I can move on.

(I posted this in another 6000xp thread, but this one may be more appropriate.)
What if we dont have a chargeverter?

Dont most breaker panels come bonded? In will prouse video of 6000xp he says to get 2 items to be sure its not bonded.

Just setting up so i want to be sure.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7764.png
    IMG_7764.png
    215.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7765.png
    IMG_7765.png
    261.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
What if we dont have a chargeverter?

Dont most breaker panels come bonded? In will prouse video of 6000xp he says to get 2 items to be sure its not bonded.

Just setting up so i want to be sure.

Thanks
Assuming you are not connecting to the grid and don't have a generator, Just make a bond in your main panel and disable the bonding relay in the 6000Xp.

If you do have a generator? Does it have an N-G bond?

Assuming you are not connecting to the grid and don't have a generator, Just make a bond in your main panel and disable the bonding relay in the 6000Xp.

If you do have a generator? Does it have an N-G bond?
Ok so if no generator just solar panels and the powerpro battery disable bond in 6000xp in the breaker box off the 6000xp create the bond there.

Later if i want to add grid AC input i would disable bond in the breaker box off 6000xp do we keep the 6000xp relay disabled? Or enable it so it can pass the bond from the grid? Or would we still disable the relay sunce the main grid has the bond.

Later if i want to add grid AC input i would disable bond in the breaker box off 6000xp do we keep the 6000xp relay disabled? Or enable it so it can pass the bond from the grid? Or would we still disable the relay sunce the main grid has the bond.
Disable it.

The 6000XP is a common neutral architecture. Therefore there should only be one bond anywhere in the system.

Back