diy solar

diy solar

I mistakenly connected hot 120v to neutral terminal in eg4 6000xp but fix it after a day. Can that cost damage to the inverter?

Benchen123

I was trying to get grid connected temporarily to my 6000xp do to low battery and no sun.

So I use a wire that already existing in house to get grid connections. The wire have 1 red 1 white and a ground. So I assume that 1 hot 1 neutral and a ground (I should have open the panels to check) . So I connected like that to the 6000xp thinking to charge the battery at 120. Turn out that white wire is not neutral is hot as well and both connect to a 30 amp breaker with no neutral. Didn't realize it until one day after and I take it off.

Question is:
Can that cost damage to the inverter? The 6000xp didn’t gave me any ERROR/WARNIN beside of the error 26 which is low battery voltage I believe.

Also later on find 6000xp can’t charge with just just 120 anyway.

If you had the wrong voltage connected to L1 and N then the inverter should not qualify or accept the input therefore the transfer relay would not close and no damage could occur. If there was no error code (or smoke) and the inverter is still working as expected then no damage was done.

If you had the wrong voltage connected to L1 and N then the inverter should not qualify or accept the input therefore the transfer relay would not close and no damage could occur. If there was no error code (or smoke) and the inverter is still working as expected then no damage was done.
Thanks

I was trying to get grid connected temporarily to my 6000xp do to low battery and no sun.

So I use a wire that already existing in house to get grid connections. The wire have 1 red 1 white and a ground. So I assume that 1 hot 1 neutral and a ground (I should have open the panels to check) . So I connected like that to the 6000xp thinking to charge the battery at 120. Turn out that white wire is not neutral is hot as well and both connect to a 30 amp breaker with no neutral. Didn't realize it until one day after and I take it off.

Question is:
Can that cost damage to the inverter? The 6000xp didn’t gave me any ERROR/WARNIN beside of the error 26 which is low battery voltage I believe.

Also later on find 6000xp can’t charge with just just 120 anyway.

This could potentially cause issue, however, it does not appear that damage was done in this case. I would recommend keeping an eye on the inverter just take make sure over the next couple of days.

Back