diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000XP neutral wire question

harlam2

Hi all, I finally decided on the 6000XP for my needs, currently connected through a Reliance 10 circuit transfer switch to my panel. I plan to also use the grid as backup when the SOC on the batteries is low, such as on cloudy days.

Fom the transfer switch, the L1, L2 are connected to the AC output of the 6000XP, and am running a ground and neutral wire from the respective busbars in the 6000XP to the busbars in my panel. For the AC input, I have a L1 and L2 from a 30a double pole breaker in my main panel.

Question is if I also need to run another set of neutral and ground wires from the main panel busbars to the 6000XP neutral and ground busbars for the AC input? Manual did not really address this. TIA

Where else does the neutral and ground go besides between the 6000 and your secondary panel ?
If there is no neutral to the main house panel or no ground you need to install one or will have issues.

The neutral and ground connect the 6000xp to the main panel ground and neutral bus bars. My question is if I have both AC input and AC output connected on the 6000XP, do I also need separate neutral and ground for the AC input and AC output from the main panel, and back to the main panel? Seems redundant in a way

A detailed thread for both off and on grid.

Back