diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000xp AC wiring

D. Abineri

Trying to wire the ac input and output and am replacing my Growatt with the 6000xp. Coming from my main panel to the inverter I have three conductors: Black, White and ground (bare copper) The voltage between gound and white is 120v and also between ground and black is 120v. On the growatt I used white as L1 and black as L2 and all seemed to work fine. I have no RED wire. I need 240v at the ac output to feed my subpanel.

How can I wire the 6000xp with my current wiring configuration?

Thanks

You can't.
You don't have the proper wiring.
There should be 4 conductors.
L1 - usually black
L2 - usually red
Neutral - must be white or grey
Ground - must be green or bare
So how do I pull the correct wires from my main panel? Which wires do I pull? Where does the red come from?

Thanks

You are the second person to ask about running this unit in straight 240 volt mode, they should be checking where they are shipping these things to.
I am not sure there is an answer to this question but it would be quite easy to set up a test and find out.

You are the second person to ask about running this unit in straight 240 volt mode, they should be checking where they are shipping these things to.
I am not sure there is an answer to this question but it would be quite easy to set up a test and find out.
I don't think that they are wanting straight 240v.
I think that they are confused about what they need.

Which Growatt are you replacing that had AC IN connected? May help with figuring this out.

Trying to wire the ac input and output and am replacing my Growatt with the 6000xp. Coming from my main panel to the inverter I have three conductors: Black, White and ground (bare copper) The voltage between gound and white is 120v and also between ground and black is 120v. On the growatt I used white as L1 and black as L2 and all seemed to work fine. I have no RED wire. I need 240v at the ac output to feed my subpanel.

How can I wire the 6000xp with my current wiring configuration?

Thanks
Who wired the Growatt?
Should not have 120 on each wire.

It depends on how the rest of your wiring is done.
Could be in conduit or a cable.

The 4 that I listed.

L2

L1 and L2 should be connected to a 2 pole breaker.
The size of the conductors should be listed in the manual.
There should also be diagram for wiring the entire system.
OK, the red and black come from a two pole breaker at 240v. Where do the neutral and ground come from. Ground comes from the ground bus in the main panel bt where doe neutral come from? And why is this different from the Growatt wiring?
Thanks

OK, the red and black come from a two pole breaker at 240v. Where do the neutral and ground come from. Ground comes from the ground bus in the main panel bt where doe neutral come from? And why is this different from the Growatt wiring?
Thanks
In a main panel, there's probably only one neutral and ground combination bar. After the main panel, they are kept separate.

Yes, I am in he US. Where do the L1,L2, Ground and Neutral come from in the main panel to feed the 6000xp?
L1 and L2 from a double pole breaker (I use a 50 amp since the 6000xp supports 50 amps bypass). Neutral and ground from the neutral and ground bus bars (or if the main panel has a single bus bar for ground and neutral just connect the ground and neutral lines to that)

Back