diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000xp AC wiring

Wow so the Growatt 60000 does only take L1/L2/Ground, no neutral. Guess @D. Abineri will need to run a neutral from source to 6000XP.
1705804306243.png

You are the second person to ask about running this unit in straight 240 volt mode, they should be checking where they are shipping these things to.
I am not sure there is an answer to this question but it would be quite easy to set up a test and find out.
Not sure how to test this without damaging something.
Looks like I need a neutral from the main panel to make this work.

Thanks

Except the 6000xp does generate the 2 legs separately but 180 degrees out of phase, from what I read somewhere…
They're not out of phase. They are single phase with a center tap for the neutral. The two halves are generated separately (two inverters in one enclosure).
But they are in phase with each other. Otherwise they couldn't produce 240v.

They're not out of phase. They are single phase with a center tap for the neutral. The two halves are generated separately (two inverters in one enclosure).
But they are in phase with each other. Otherwise they couldn't produce 240v.
Just when I think I’m getting things right, I’m confused again… ?

So how do I rectify what you are saying with what EG4’s FAQ says about the 6000XP:

How does split phase work without the transformer?​

The inverter generates both legs separately but 180 degrees out of phase from each other.

Doesn’t that basically mean the 6000XP produces 2 phase 240 rather than split phase?

Just when I think I’m getting things right, I’m confused again… ?

So how do I rectify what you are saying with what EG4’s FAQ says about the 6000XP:

Doesn’t that basically mean the 6000XP produces 2 phase 240 rather than split phase?
It's misinformation. (Because the Chinese manufacturers don't understand split-phase)
If it were actually two phases. They would not work together to create 240v.
Phasing is timing. The two inverters must be in phase/time with each other to add the voltages together.
Remember the golden rule of combining sources.
In series, the voltages add up and the amperage stays the same.
In parallel, the amperage adds up and the voltage stays the same.
A "high frequency" split-phase inverter/s is two inverters in series.

Back