diy solar

diy solar

Midnite Solar Announced their new 10kw AIO at Intersolar Today

I think $5k for a capable 10kW AIO is not bad at all.

$5k is a 5kW Sunny Island (not counting the liquidations I've enjoyed), and its performance is the benchmark. Match the performance, at 2x the wattage, with MPPT included, for same price, and you've got a real winner.

An off-brand Chinese product for 1/3 the price of a name brand product made in China means nothing at all, unless it approaches the quality and performance.

I never bought a GoPro for $250. I did buy a Chinese dash cam for $25. Worked at first, later just recorded noise instead of image.

What is the track record of these other brand AIO?

I don't know yet what quality difference comes with a Midnight branded Chinese made inverter. Has the DIY line differentiated itself (the way SolArk has)?
“Track record”is a good point Hedges while there has been many lower and higher end product with good price ,longevity and performance I know some has had many disasters.But it’s the one thing I think a lot of Chinese AIO has not perfected besides software/firmware.

Easy to throw stones when you're a retailer. Especially when you don't carry stuff of the companies your throwing shade to. Is it because of their warranty, or because your margin isn't high enough on them...
Where’s the lie in his post? He has carried at least a half dozen Chinese relabels (probably 3 or more even right now) Victron, Midnite, and others.
Not including the various equipment he’s had access to over time

In my experience with Dexter, it’s quite obvious he doesn’t prioritize margins over all else.
I’m sure he doesn’t enjoy spending hours helping customers troubleshoot crap equipment either

Last edited:
Back