diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 3000 24v and another charging source

x98myers7

Solar Enthusiast
in my DIY 24v system I have a Growatt 3000 24v that I am not utilizing the SCC on. I have my 2kw roof array charging the battery bank with a Midnite classic 200. I'd like to add a 1kw array optimized for winter and take advantage of the SCC on the Growatt i'm not using.

Any foreseeable issues? obviously, all charge limits will be identical between the Growatt and Midnite.

I have confirmed my battery bank cabling is 2awg 90degC rated and is good for 130amps. so at max theoretical PV input I'll have 83 + 41amps = 124amps. that's pushing it with the battery cabling, so I will probably just upgrade to 2/0 to get me to 195amps.

battery bank is two CHINS 24v 100AH which are in parallel for 200amp current input. so, good there. I'll likely add a third soon to bump that up as well.

Any foreseeable issues? obviously, all charge limits will be identical between the Growatt and Midnite.

When running multiple not coordinated charge controllers to one battery bank off of separate PV arrays I like to set charge limits slightly different. Depending on which array I want as the dominate controller the other SCC has set slightly lower charge voltage and shuts down ahead of teh dominate. During bulk charging both deliver their max (or set amount) of charge and it is only during the EOC (end of charge) area that one controls the charge.

However many folks run just fine with having the same settings for each.

Back