diy solar

diy solar

Growatt Not Fully Charging my Battery Bank?

jsnbrgg

Hi,

I have a Growatt 3000 connected to my 24v battery bank of CATL 280ah lifepo cells. It will charge the bank up to about 83% according to my BMS and then stop. Doing the same on both solar or grid power. What setting do I need to update and what should I update it to, to get my bank to a fuller charge? 90-100%

Thanks!

What battery mode setting are you using on the Growatt and what are your charge and float settings?

It will charge the bank up to about 83% according to my BMS
Just out of curiosity, what voltage is your battery at when it shows 83%?

And does the Growatt stop charging or does the BMS cut out?

What are your Growatt charge settings? Have a pic?
Can you post a pic of your libco battery wiring?

Just out of curiosity, what voltage is your battery at when it shows 83%?

And does the Growatt stop charging or does the BMS cut out?

What are your Growatt charge settings? Have a pic?
Can you post a pic of your libco battery wiring?
Here you go! Screenshots from 3 of my BMS. Think I have the charge / float on the Growatt set to 28.2v. BMS doesn’t appear to be cutting it off.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2132.png
    IMG_2132.png
    471 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2131.png
    IMG_2131.png
    470.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2130.png
    IMG_2130.png
    471.9 KB · Views: 10
Check your battery setting number 5 make sure it is "USE" and not "US2" . I accidentally set US2 on one of my growatts and could not get to full charge. Thought i had a lemon. Also IMO float and charge may be too high. I like Andy's thinking of 27.6 for charge and 26.8 for float. This is from memory my growatts are not running at this time in middle of build so I can't confirm this on the interverts .
Good luck

Check your battery setting number 5 make sure it is "USE" and not "US2" . I accidentally set US2 on one of my growatts and could not get to full charge. Thought i had a lemon. Also IMO float and charge may be too high. I like Andy's thinking of 27.6 for charge and 26.8 for float. This is from memory my growatts are not running at this time in middle of build so I can't confirm this on the interverts .
Good luck
I am running US2. Let me try and change it this evening and see if that helps. Thanks!

hey i have another question about growatt 3000 battery bank. my system is 24v but it will only let connect 2 batteries. im hoping to connect 4 or even 6 to have a larger bank. any thoughts?

hey i have another question about growatt 3000 battery bank. my system is 24v but it will only let connect 2 batteries. im hoping to connect 4 or even 6 to have a larger bank. any thoughts?
You should start a new thread with a descriptive title for best results. And it won't get mixed in with this threads discussion.

Back