diy solar

diy solar

My next build! 48v 304ah bank with Growatt and more... what are you thoughts?

PetePetePete

Eve 304 x 16
JK 16s BMS
Growatt 3kW Stackable Off-Grid Inverter | SPF 3000TL LVM-48P
Smart Battery Protect (to go between the 12v house bank and the Daygreen 56 step up)
This is being built to replace the generator on a small 32' power boat that has twin Suzuki DF300AP motors (54 amp alternators x 2)

When the boat is plugged in (shore power) I will want to be able to charge the 48v bank via the Growatt... and, at times, also have the motors running (if I'm trying to really charge things up). The part I am working my head is the shorepower. So... I have a 30amp shore power for the boat. Which then goes to a bank of breakers, my thought is to get a breaker that is dedicated (and right size) for the INPUT on the Growatt, then when on shore power, switch that on and have the Growatt do the charging from grid power. (This can also be the case if the boat is on a generator (same input).

Is there something in there that I'm missing? The rest I have nailed down (solar MPPT, etc.)

I'm still a little ify on the Daygreen with Smart Battery Protect. The idea there is that currently the Suzuki DF300AP are connected to 2 (1 each) lead acid 12v batteries. Then from there the 12v lead acid go to Victron Orions Dc2Dc (one on each motor/battery). The output on the Orions go to the 12v house bank (which is 4 100ah lifepo4 batteries). The idea is that the Smart battery protect would be on that bank and the output on the smart battery protect will power the Daygreen 56v step up to the 48v lifepo bank.

I know that's a lot. Thank you for reading, I appreciate you. :)

Pete

Back