diy solar

diy solar

Final check of wiring / layout before I order parts

Aakelley

Just wanted to get quick feedback on my planned wiring layout for the system I am installing in my skoolie. This is from the batteries to the inverter. The 24/12 and 12/24 will come later. For now its just going to be the batteries and the inverter. Not shown are shore power wiring or solar panels. They will all be running directly to the growatt. Everything look OK?Skoolie Solar System Design - Wiring-3.png

The Growatt branch circuit should be fused to 200 amps for fault isolation.

I don't trust the eg4 breakers.
Each of the eg4's should have its own 150 amp class t fuse for fault isolation and to protect from a dead short at the battery.

The dc to dc charger and converter branch circuits should be fused to 80 amps.
I think you have the flow backwards on the dc charger circuit.

I don't see a shunt.

The chassis bond should be on the system side of the shunt typically at the negative busbar.

The Growatt branch circuit should be fused to 200 amps for fault isolation.

I don't trust the eg4 breakers.
Each of the eg4's should have its own 150 amp class t fuse for fault isolation and to protect from a dead short at the battery.

The dc to dc charger and converter branch circuits should be fused to 80 amps.
I think you have the flow backwards on the dc charger circuit.

I don't see a shunt.

The chassis bond should be on the system side of the shunt typically at the negative busbar.
Thanks!

For the Growatt branch can I use a mega fuse in the power in or should that be class t as well?

Why do I need a shunt? From what I’ve read it’s mainly for determining power consumption / charging. I was going to rely on the BMS and Growatt read outs on that to start. Is there something else it does for me?

Back