diy solar

diy solar

finally bought solar

ddaky

so after a lot of time thinking should i or no i decided to go with it..
i bought 4x risen panels,not much but it's a start
1676193948943.png
and i went with this hybrid inverter
1676194076389.png
i'm planning to connect just part of house on this and also to the grid.
in series connection,without batterys for now,and without sending back to the grid.
panels are 20 meters from house what do you think for wire size,is 4mm good
thanks

Do you have a link to the specs for the inverter?

You may be marginal on MPPT startup-voltage (hence asking for the spec.) add a panel or two to your string and you will be good to go.

I'd certainly go with 6mm2 cables, you want to minimise your volt-drop between the panels and inverter.

Do you have a link to the specs for the inverter?

You may be marginal on MPPT startup-voltage (hence asking for the spec.) add a panel or two to your string and you will be good to go.

I'd certainly go with 6mm2 cables, you want to minimise your volt-drop between the panels and inverter.
yea here it is...im planing to take 2 more soon..so better 6mm ok..thanks for info

so i decided to buy battery's..it will be 8x 230Ah
what size of bms should i use?is 100a good

so i decided to buy battery's..it will be 8x 230Ah
what size of bms should i use?is 100a good
How many batteries, you need at least 150 amps min to feed the inverter to get full capacity out of it, so 2 batteries with 100 amp bms would be big enough to run the unit

How many batteries, you need at least 150 amps min to feed the inverter to get full capacity out of it, so 2 batteries with 100 amp bms would be big enough to run the unit
so better to build 2 12v than one 24v?
8pcs of 230 ah lifepo4 cells

No you would not gain anything putting 2 12 volt batteries together in series
2 24 volt batteries with 100 amp bms would be required to get full capacity out of the inverter
yea but now i only have 8 cells so one 24v battery....so i should not look under 150a bms?

Run all 8 in series and buy a 200a BMS.

Your cells can presumably drain as fast as 1c which is 230a. There are a lot of 8s 200bms options out there with and without the bells and whistles of Bluetooth, etc.

"8s 200A"

Run all 8 in series and buy a 200a BMS.

Your cells can presumably drain as fast as 1c which is 230a. There are a lot of 8s 200bms options out there with and without the bells and whistles of Bluetooth, etc.

"8s 200A"
you have any recommendation for good but not too expensive?

maybe this..or better not
That kind of looks like a Daly BMS based on the embossed wheel shape and the bluetooth dongle.
Looks like $75 for 8S LiFePO4 200A unit and $5 for dongle.

Daly not the best for reputation here.

If you have BMS issues, your entire system has issues. Its an important piece if you rely on battery power.

That kind of looks like a Daly BMS based on the embossed wheel shape and the bluetooth dongle.
Looks like $75 for 8S LiFePO4 200A unit and $5 for dongle.

Daly not the best for reputation here.

If you have BMS issues, your entire system has issues. Its an important piece if you rely on battery power.
i now...but i was hoping that i can find something cheaper but good :)

you have any recommendation for good but not too expensive?
Understanding that running at a near 1c is harder on your battery so if you are planning to run this system near capacity the 200 amp bms will work, but I would try to get more batteries as soon as I could and try to get under .5c your batteries will most likely thank you with longer service

if the system isn’t running at near capacity all the time and only using the higher end for surge for a short timeframe and you are normally at a .5c or lower that’s fine to go with the 200 amp bms

and what wire size and fuse do you recomend between battery and this inverter?

and what wire size and fuse do you recomend between battery and this inverter?
How long will these wires be?

Needs to handle 1.5x max current
Charging at 28V, discharge cutoff to 20V

110A charge x 1.5 = 165A
3500W / .85 efficiency / 20V = 205A
205A x 1.5 =300A

Back