diy solar

diy solar

Flooded lead acid - how to calculate a practical AH rating?

I have not equalized the FLA's yet.
Installed 10 months ago.
The batteries are in "standby".

They spend 99.9% of their time fully charged.

I am using the 3-stage charging from the Schneider charge controllers,
as Rolls told me to do that, rather than use the 2-stage charging from the inverters.

I just keep track of the SG, and if I understand these Rolls tech tips re: Equalization,
only do it as needed.

That is with the exception of 3 cells. 2 cells read slightly below 1.265 (~1.263 - 1.263), and 1 cell read just above the 1.250 mark :-/
What is suggested I do for these stubborn cells? They are each in different batteries. Yet I don't want to keep equalizing the whole bank.

What is suggested I do for these stubborn cells? They are each in different batteries. Yet I don't want to keep equalizing the whole bank.

A 0-30V/0-10A lab power supply could be set to individually equalize each battery containing those low cells. 10A might be a little on the low side to drive all the way to the full equalization voltage, but it's better than nothing.

A 0-30V/0-10A lab power supply could be set to individually equalize each battery containing those low cells. 10A might be a little on the low side to drive all the way to the full equalization voltage, but it's better than nothing.
I am surprised no one makes a charger specifically for this purpose. Not that I can find on the net anyway.

Back