diy solar

diy solar

FNG needs some help

Jeffjeeptj

I am Fairly experienced in 12V and 120V wiring. I assembled 2 Battleborns, a Victron Multiplus, a Victron 100/50 SCC, and. Victron BMV-712. I am using a ANL 200 amp fuse. I was using the fuse as an on/off switch by removing the fuse. I would get the expected “arc” when I installed the fuse after a few days, when the caps in the inverter charged. Everything worked fine, I hooked up the solar and charged the batteries.
Today, I installed a marine batt disconnect switch. The inverter is off and not plugged into anything, the BMV is showing 13.59 volts. When I ”close” the contacts using the batt switch, the SCC starts to flash blue, and the BMV falls to 5 or 6 volts. When I “open” the batt switch the system goes dead, BMV is blank. If I disconnect the BMV battery input and re-connect, the BMV comes alive.
i removed the positive cable connection inside the Multiplus. When I close the switch, The BMV indicates 1359, the SCC is flashing blue. I carefully touched the positive lead to the Multiplus. No spark, BMV stays at 13.59V, and the SCC keep flashing. Install the bolt into the Multiplus termination, no problems. Turn on Multiplus and inverter indicated inverter on.
The yellow wire at the Multiplus os 120V in, the black wire is 120V out.
Any ideas as to issue?

Attachments

• F76A547F-14D4-4F52-B775-F39721B0AB51.jpeg
    F76A547F-14D4-4F52-B775-F39721B0AB51.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 10
In looking around, looks like I outsmarted myself. I just ordered a resistor to use as a pre- charge device like KRBY.

diy solar

diy solar
Back