diy solar

diy solar

For my sailboat

Ren

LG NeON 2 400W 72 Cell Mono 1500V SLV/WHT Solar Panel, LG400N2W-A5
I am a new member, was thinking of getting two of these for my sailboat. Just wanted some feedback.

Don’t know why you wouldn’t if you have the space and specs match your system.

LG's are great panels, I don't have them but they sell a lot of them down here. NREL says the double-glass panels (usually bifacial panels) have something like 3x the resistance to environmental factors, so that might be something to look into. I'll update this post if I can find that link.

Also recently realized some panels go better with some devices, For example you wouldn't want an LG neon with an IQ7x as the voltage is out of the sweet spot.

If you're planning a few of them take a look at https://www.diysolarforum.com/index...n-series-and-parallel-based-on-your-mppt.75/; it'll give you an idea as to how volts/amps impact series/parallel if you're not already familiar with it.

This isn't the report I was looking for as it's specific to a singular manufacturer, but it illustrates the benefits:

...double glass module passed 3 times IEC standard test and IEC 61730-2:2016 multiple combination of limit test and obtained ...

diy solar

diy solar
Back