diy solar

diy solar

Forum tab behavior

Tulex

Solar Wizard
If I remember, clicking the what's new tab (in the blue bar) would highlight that tab and show threads with recent history/activity.
But now it seems to take you to the new posts tab.

Last edited:
you can click the "what's new" to the left and get the old "what's new"

But the old what's new isn't what it was when it was old. Since the update, the old what's new has been updated to a new version that has the 'show unread' filter applied automatically. So the answer to the question "what's new?" is what's new is new. ;)

I probably can fix it to go to whats new in place of defaulting to the new posts thing but I need to make sure @Will Prowse didn't do this on purpose before I touch it :)

No I like it better this way and going by traffic, no one used the what's new. They always clicked to the new post section.

The old what's new just had profile posts, which I deleted about six months ago, and resources. Just not worth having it at the top of the list if everyone clicks off it.

No I like it better this way and going by traffic, no one used the what's new. They always clicked to the new post section.

I used it several times per day, and I think this thread makes it clear others used it.

For me, the old what's new showed all posts that were "new to me" whether unanswered or not and per above shows "latest" posts.

But the old what's new isn't what it was when it was old. Since the update, the old what's new has been updated to a new version that has the 'show unread' filter applied automatically. So the answer to the question "what's new?" is what's new is new. ;)

Per the above image, the "what's new" top menu followed by the "What's new" to the left of "new posts" behaves exactly as the "old" what's new function for me.

My "new posts" filters:

I always used the old What's new. The new link to new posts is taking me a bit to get used to. Tried turning off the filter for Show only Unread since that was the previous behavior for What's new but it does not stick.

Change is always hard.

The old what's new just had profile posts, which I deleted about six months ago, and resources. Just not worth having it at the top of the list if everyone clicks off it.
Well then the What's new on top should say New posts.

I am failing to see the benefit of the what's new tab because we don't have profile posts and we do not have new resources everyday. Can you guys tell me what I'm missing

Do you prefer the algorithm for latest posts under what's new versus the latest post tab instead?

I just don't see what the difference is. Was going to delete what's new page because I see it as useless having the latest post page instead

If someone can explain the benefit to me I will switch it back. Just don't see why someone would prefer it like this

If someone can explain the benefit to me I will switch it back. Just don't see why someone would prefer it like this
I just know that originally, if I clicked what's new, all the current activity showed up. If I click new posts, current activity doesn't show up.
For example, after posting this, it will be at the top of what's new, but it won't show on new posts.

Who doesn't use the "New Posts" button ???

I almost always used the "New Posts" when I visit the forum several times a day. The drawback to that was once you went into a thread and back out, you could not find it that way again since it was no longer a "new post". The "Whats new" will show all of the threads that are new, including that one I may have lost. So for me, I will continue using "New Posts" 99.9% of the time.

I almost always used the "New Posts" when I visit the forum several times a day. The drawback to that was once you went into a thread and back out, you could not find it that way again since it was no longer a "new post". The "Whats new" will show all of the threads that are new, including that one I may have lost. So for me, I will continue using "New Posts" 99.9% of the time.
Exactly, everything in new posts shows up in what's new, so I never click new posts.

Exactly, everything in new posts shows up in what's new, so I never click new posts

The reason I use New Posts is so I only have to look at the top 10 lines or so to see what is going on since my last visit, because it filters out those threads I have already looked at. Just the way I do it on several forums I frequent.

diy solar

diy solar
Back