diy solar

diy solar

Fronius IG A Plus Uni 11kW STDBY P500 code

marciokoko

Hi,

I have these 2 Fronius IG A Plus Uni11kW STDBY P500 code which i have never had before. I also cant find anything about this in the manual.

Anyone else ever run into this?

Thx

If it's anything like the original IG, the P500 code is actually PS00. It's telling you which one of the power modules in the unit is having the trouble. There should be more codes displaying, to tell you what's wrong. On the original IG you can go into the setup menu and look up the individual power modules to see their last status. That's where you would see the error code if it's not already showing.

I looked it up. Under the setup menu it's called STATE. Here's a walk through from the manual.

IG State.jpg

Is that from this manual? Im confused now because this is the manual that came with my inverter.

Cant find that page. But your data shows its a power stage problem and thus no power should be being produced. But this link I found shows its a messages overload issue that is hiding the real error code:

And the inverter is producing because I can see it on the fronius solar web mobile app.

Attachments

• IMG_0661.JPG
    IMG_0661.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 1
Just to clarify, I was talking about codes from the original IG, not the IG Plus. The manual I referred to is also from the IG. I did not know if the units were similar in menu options, but the PS00 code is similar.

The IG will keep producing power if one of the power modules fails. It simply takes the bad module offline (standby) and produces power with what's left. Again, I don't know for sure but i suspect the IG Plus is the same. This would explain why you are seeing power.

What exactly is showing in the display window? Is it showing a STATE code?

A manual I found online for the IG plus shows the STATE menu under SETUP on page 107. I don't know if this is also for the plus advanced model, but it probably is. Look on that page or somewhere close to it. It's very similar to what I posted above. Select PS00 and press enter. It will show the last error code for that bad module it took offline.

Back