diy solar

diy solar

G99 Application - Maximum demand/diversity, already over without anything???

flamegrilledmatt

Hi,
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Looking at installing a Solis 6kW inverter with 15kWh of battery storage (no solar). I understand that I need to apply via G99 as over 3.68kW which I have just started doing but think I might have fallen at the first hurdle. UK Power Networks want to know the maximum demand before and after installation, so following the IET guidance, guidance note 1, appendix H as well as on-site guide, (want to do this by the book) and using diversity I have worked out the following for my circuits.

ASHP - Max draw 17.1amps, with diversity (10amps + 50% of 7.1amps) = 13.5amps
Immersion Heater - Max draw 13.0amps, no diversity allowed = 13.0amps
2 x 32amp socket circuits, with diversity (32amps + 40% of 2nd) = 44.8amps
2 x 6amp lighting circuits, total of 23 LED lamps @ 8w max - total current= 0.8amps, with diversity (66% of 0.8amps) = 0.5amp
16 amp garage circuit (with 40% diversity) = 6.4amps
Oven (4.8kW) & Hob (6.6kW) with 1 socket on same circuit, max draw 62.5amps, with diversity (10amps + 30% of 39.5amps + 5amps for socket) = 26.85amp

So total max demand as it stands with diversity applied is 105.05amps, I have a 100amp DNO cut-out so by these calculations I am already over, if I add a 6kW inverter then thats another 26amps potentially???

Its the 2 x 32amp circuits that bother me, there's no way I would ever had anywhere near that load on them but need to be able to back-up my calculations.

Has anyone else had this and any ideas??

Back